Discussion of Potential Finnish and Swedish ground vehicles

why isnt the kv-1b in the finnish subtree to begin with? i dont see why the german tree needs it, considering their 4.0-5.0 BR lineups are already ridiculously strong. finland enthusiasts are lacking heavies and TDs, so even just a kv-1a and stug would be amazing

2 Likes

The KV-1B was a German TT premium long before Finland was added to the Swedish TT, that’s why it was there before to begin with. What I do agree with is that it should now be available in the Swedish/Finnish TT, preferably as a researchable vehicle.

3 Likes

Smin has stated that the KV-1b currently has no plans on being reintroduced but any other finnish vehicles will be given to finland going forward. Check the old forums if you want the full thing or give me a bit later and ill post the screen shot. Regardless it seems gaijin doesnt want to add it and will probably add the 1942 kv-1 which will probably be 4.7 with no lineup but we’ll see.

thats unfortunate, but i understand that they want to not anger the people who already own the german kv-1b. imo it would be smart to have it removed from the german tree but the people who own it already, keep it in the german tree, making it a somewhat rare premium. i think the kv-1b shouldnt be a researchable either because of its premium status in germany, and that it should just go for the same price in the swedish tree, since it wouldnt be fair to the players who bought it, only for it to become a free researchable.

as long as its added to the finnish subtree, im happy, even if its a premium

KV-1A was leaked for Finland though, so at least there’s that

The tiger 2 is a bigger can of worms to leave opened and while yes helps the 6.7 line up until 8.0, its gonna cause more whining from the community than just re-adding the kv-1b. I mean the Merk 3D eventually made its way yo isreal via the Ram prem. Only makes sense that finland should eventually get its tank but i digress. This is a problem gaijin has created and is doubling down on.

Not the kv-1a 1941, the 1942 was leaked, which is the KV-1C with the original 76mm gun/zis 5 gun. So it would probs be 4.7 and have no lineup or you have to uptier it. I domt like when gaijin does crap like that but nothing i can do besides until i see it confirmed ill take it with a grain of salt. All i want is an spaa update man

1 Like

Agreed, the Tiger II for sweden will be problematic for the already decreasing uniqueness of TTs in war thunder where everynation is getting C&P vehicles and more rarely actual domestic vehicles. even if they would be worse they would still be better looking at the uniqueness of this game.

Making things worse the actual nation specific unique vehicles are ending up as event vehicles that most players cant afford to grind or purchase

For example the Pbil m/39 is a great vehicle. And i dont get why they havent added the Pbil m/40 to the game as a TT. Among other vehicles in this game this is a increasing pattern and makes me worried for this games health

my 3.7 finland tanks do just fine at 4.7, but this is assuming gaijin wont eradicate my bloodline and uptier me to 5.7 instead

The KV-1A was a late-production KV-1 with a cast turret and the 76-mm ZiS-5. The Finnish didn’t have a KV-1C, they only ever captured the KV-1A, already mentioned, and the KV-1B, the mid-production KV-1.

Yes the kv-1a 1942, i used the C as an example as it has the same turret just a different gun. Regardless if gaijin wants to give sweden a heavy tank the tiger is a bad choice. It shoupd be the KV-1’s used by the fins.

same turret just a different gun.

The KV-1C and the Finnish KV-1A refer to the same vehicles, though KV-1C is more generic and refers to both the welded and casted model 1942 KV-1s rather than exclusively the casted. The KV-1C in-game was a one-off, whereas all other KV-1Cs in service to the German army were either in their original format or only partially modified.

Regardless if gaijin wants to give sweden a heavy tank the tiger is a bad choice.

Yeah, both the KV-1A and the KV-1B should be in the Swedish tree. They added the Grant to the British tree when it was added and I don’t see why the same shouldn’t be done with the KV-1B, though please add the Ram to the British tree too Canadian vehicles for British tree pls.

Because gaijin doesnt want to add the KV-1B. That would fix the problem of sweden lacking a “domestic” heavy tank. Rather gaijin has decided that they would rather make the german players get more angry at the swedish players by adding a tiger 2 which again wouldnt need to be added if they just added the kv-1B to finland. Its an artificial problem gaijin added themselves and i wholeheartedly expect the german mains to be even more aggressive towards sweden since they are getting the tiger 2. Regardless ive seen a few interesting takes from german mains saying sweden shouldn’t get the KV-1B as its on germany and sweden doesnt need it since they would be “stealing” another german tank from the “German” tree.

3 Likes

tiger 2 doesnt appear to be finnish, so i dont think i’ll get it

👍 ok

tbh i could probably just fill my finnish lineup with swedish tanks that would also be applicable to finland, and getting a user skin for them