[Development] T1E1 (90 mm): Up the Ante!

Best era💯💯

4 Likes

Still waiting on stuff like the M7 (Either of them), M12 and M40.

3 Likes

Still no sign of US spaa :(

1 Like

That’s what everybody is secretly thinking:)
The SPAA gap gives some character to US tech tree though. Without it, it will look too normal:P

2 Likes

6.0 gun, 5.0 armor, 4.0 mobility. What could possibly go wrong.
I just hope its nested with the other T6s because I don’t want to have to grind yet another copypasta upstream tank to progress.

It ends up at 7.0

4 Likes

First of all, it is nice to have WW2 era vehicle in next update. Also 90mm seems to be more fitting for a huge tank like this rather than 76mm, I mean come on, what is all this mass for if not for big ass cannon, right?
On the other hand, there is nothing new on this vehicle and armor is nonexistent for a heavy tank at its current BR, so it isn’t that attractive. I would like to see M6 and T1E1 tanks placed a bit lower in BR, so the armor would work better, but everybody would lose their mind about balance, I guess.

My bets are 6.0 where it will totally be competitive with a Tiger E that has overpressure APHE, with the T1E1 having pre-production armor and no early M82 with 200g explosive that would cause overpressure.

My bet is 5.3
Same as T1E1 76mm, because it gets better pen and more postpen dmg, but loses stabilizer and reload speed. Also it won’t be as good as M36 as it has same armor and worse mobility.

That would make sense.

Now look at the T25 - still sitting at 6.3, despite being a counterpart to the Panther D, at 5.3.
M4A3 76 being at the same BR as Panther A and G.
M4 T26 being HIGHER than the Panther A/G, and same BR as Panther F.
M109A1 being higher than M109G, despite now being objectively worse due to the projectile velocity buff the G got.

And so on. Logic is not something the developers consider, they consider statistics and win/loss ratio of a vehicle to determine its BR…

2 Likes

Neither of these statements are true.

Edit:

This is also just not true. The M109A1 gets a .50 cal secondary weapon compared to a signficantly weaker MG3A1 and slightly lower weight for a higher hp/ton, while the M109G gets smoke grenades. You could argue that it could be lower, but it is not objectively worse.

4 Likes

Yeah, Gaijin’s BR placement is kinda tasteless…

We can still theorize though:)
I think we can also guess based on gun handling. We don’t know vertical aiming speed yet, but horizontal speed is slower on T1E1 76mm than on both M4 T26 and T25, which it will likely inherit, so I still think there is a fair chance it will get lower initial BR than those two.

Thats definitely what usa needed
No toptier spaa, but another low tier weirdo

5.3? Lol. Should be 6.0, it’s got an exceptional cannon and good mobility and armour

Whats with Gaijin and ignoring the uparmored M6 variants? I always wished for the 90mm M6 but somehow I knew that the armor would once again be wrong.

3 Likes

Bit annoying innit.

This was basically the perfect opportunity for an uparmored M6. But it’s wasted due to laziness.

4 Likes

when su-33 and f-18

You’re right about the M4A3, my mistake.
The M4 T26 is the same BR as the Panther F, so the A/G being the same BR is not that relevant of a mistake.

Both of the above are overtiered, which was my point.

The M109A1’s slighty better mobility is negligible, you gain nothing from the 0.3 HP/tonne increase, but the much longer cannon is way worse in CQB than the M109G’s short cannon, and the smoke grenade vs .50 cal is a sidegrade, which ultimately makes the M109A1 objectively worse due to most maps being CQB, AND at a higher BR.
The Italian M109G is a spit in the face for US and UK M109A1, since it is actually objectively better as it also has smoke and a .50 cal at a lower BR.

Give us a filler update
Give us a filler update
Give us a filler update
Give us a filler update

1 Like

Makes one wonder if they even have a researcher for American armor.

An uparmored M6 wouldve been a wonder addition to the now vacant 5.7-6.0 BR.

However, this M6 carries the 90mm and an enclosed one at that. Seeing how they treated the M26 and T23 I predict a 6.3 BR or higher.

2 Likes