[Development] Namer 30: Desert Feline

Just checked the Dev Server, it no longer has an upper front plate -_-

2 Likes

Namer:
By far the world’s most well armored vehicle.

Gaijin:

Spike:
World’s most advanced in-service ATGM, first in-service 4th gen ATGM and now 5th gen, capable of NLOS fire onto an A4 sheet of paper at 4km.

Gaijin:

Gaijin, this condensed chunk of game breaking bugs is not the flex you think it is. It’s actually an embarrassing show of incompetence.
Not only is it clear as day that you don’t even employ an advisor on Israeli vehicles and armament, but you also let this garbage article out without even fact checking any part of it. What a tremendous failure on every aspect of game design and communication. Jesus, no wonder you got blasted with negative steam reviews.

14 Likes

Careful now, they’ll take your post down like they did mine.

3 Likes

I’m laughing so hard

3 Likes

You guys have the chance to make a completely unique vehicle here don’t mess it up!

-give it more spikes
-give it the 400 rounds it carries irl
-give it realistic armor
-fix the overpressure issue from a hit anywhere on the turret.

-move it to 11.0 and start designing the version with a turret and aps for 11.7

-Next give Israel a decent spaa.

5 Likes

HVSD/ADAMS

3 Likes

Instead of fixing spikes, they joke about how bad they made them?

12 Likes

No, it’s one of the most (if not, the most) well protected ifvs in the world, the protection is beyond “decent” when it weights more than some of the MBTs in this game…

1 Like

You guys think youll ever put an IFV on the tree for France thats competitive at top tier?

We’ve only been waiting for oh, much longer than all the newer trees that have one…

1 Like

Puma with spikes? Lol, thats just a real life puma

We should get the M1A2 SEP V3 next update!

1 Like

It will probably be a SEPv2 copy-paste (and therefore SEP copy-paste, and basically A2 copy-paste with better thermals), since Gaijin “does not believe” there were any armor improvements in serial Abrams tanks in 23 years between M1A2 (1992) and SEPv3 (2015).

Except it will weigh 68 tons as specified and they will be unable to explain what the extra weight comes from, too (totally not armor).

The crew was eating more McDonald’s than the crew of the SEPv2 😂

The Abrams DU hull armor controversy has been covered to death, but here is a pretty good video on it in my opinion.

https://youtu.be/pMxflfgEzY0?si=9kezvtp9ohWPGJfo

1 Like
  • Spike missiles!

Don’t put an exclamation mark behind it as if that is something to get excited about with how bad they perform.

3 Likes

What’s clear is…

Look at those enormous weight simulators on SEPv3’s prototype, including on the glacis.

Is that not clear enough proof that something is going on on the glacis that increased the weight to such degree?

Just because there’s no official document openly specifically stating specific improvements on a present-day classified vehicle, it doesn’t mean such upgrade didn’t exist or take place.

We have got to a point where well-educated guesstimations should take over the constant need for “evidence” on an era where there simply can be no evidence of certain things.

Otherwise we are led to situations such as Leopard 2A7V/HU having worse turret armor than 2A5 and worse hull armor than Strv 122 because the only available data of anything remotely linked to it is some test trials from the early 1990s even though we are talking about MBTs that are just entering service in 2023.

EDIT: I just got to the part where RedEffect states and shows that sources clearly indicated that SEPv3 DID have a hull armor upgrade indeed. I just hope that’s enough for Gaijin, but I fear they won’t dare to even guess the armor and will keep it the same as M1’s because “the source does not indicate specific values”. And let’s not forget that Gaijin said that they “did not believe ANY production Abrams (including SEPv3) had their hull armor upgraded”.

In any case, I would look forward to SEPv3. It is seemingly our only, narrow hope of getting an Abrams with potentially functional armor.

1 Like

that’s very true

What about the German HMS Bismarck-Class Battleship?

Why are we taking about the Abram’s on the namer thread??? Take it to one of the other 5,000 posts complaining about it…

2 Likes

Cause all the negative reviewers prefer arcade games with pay to win stuff and gambling.
See TF2.
Fire and forget functionality isn’t a bug…

Ew, that’d make it DOA.

I look forward to this vehicle as long as it stays 10.3.