Dear Gaijin & Dev Team: Any hope for a true Realistic Battle mode?

Because it’s relevant experience: 43 years gaming, 40 years combat vehicle gaming, 33 years online combat vehicle gaming, 20yrs freelance TTRPG & TTWG game dev, BA in Military History, 8 years combat arms, 4 years active duty, 9mos combat deployment… I know a little about both games and war.

Is there any hope in the pit of hell you’ll use these amazing vehicles you’ve modeled and give us modes and maps with battlefields that even remotely resemble what actual battlefields look like?

I’m not talking about DCS level, I’m just talking about what you’ve already given us in game tweaked to feel like a realistic battlespace - maps big enough that modern missiles aren’t a knife-fight in a phone booth? Modes like Nuclear Escalation are great…in fact this is what gives me hope that mode development isn’t dead…but it’s made for the traditional console crowd, most of whom you could stuff Star Wars (…) flight models in a pretty skin and they’d be perfectly as contented/snail raged.

I won’t waste everyone’s time with detailed examples of what I’m talking about, save for something like Nuclear Thunder with ADA & SAMs designed to give a challenge, not an aneurism. Cool targets like the ones in NE and the big one in Air Strike. Incentives based around actual mission objectives, not just constant PvP air-to-air. Using the Sim style ground battle type spawn for…actual PC ground vehicles.

War Thunder is a really good game, but it could be a really incredible game with a little more work. Hell, I think there are a lot of us out here who tweak in CDK that would do the initial design work for free. Further, I also know for those of us who work for a living…I’d gladly pay a monthly sub. I’ve already spent upwards of $8,000 to $10,000 on this game in less than two years and I’ll gladly continue to be your ‘whale,’ but you’ve got to throw those of us for whom the Grind is Not Enough a bone here -

So…is there a chance? Or am I going to be earmarking the pretty good chunk of my hard drive and life this game takes up for something else (sooner or later?)

Thanks.

Ryan