DCS inspired PvE mode for air battles

I like the current Helo PvE mode. Its a bit too large for the Afganistan map. But anyway a good start of PvE modes.
And the earning are not bad either. Its rewarding enough.
I would prefer the PvE to be Sim Mode.

6 Likes

I think a lot of players would enjoy it if there were both RB and SIM modes.

3 Likes

WarThunder has ground units and ships such as M113 APCs, transport trucks, and large tankers (these units can be found in AirRB AirSB Heli PvE).

These units would provide a more immersive game mode.

3 Likes

I love this suggestion it adds so much to the game but I’m saying this as a sweedish main so maybe I need a second tree for this one and my 4 mavericks ajs but this also allow bombers to run Mission like there meant to with support or fast and high not having to worry about the premium a5 that’s targeting them like a chimp

2 Likes

Any kind of PVE mode is welcome. I can’t always play competitively. Some dynamic singleplayer/squad campain would be nice too.

6 Likes

Now that the F-15 and Su-27 are almost certain to arrive
Will Gaijin stick with rotten PvP?
Improve PvP mode while implementing a strategic PvE mode to attract new users?
Gaijin have a choice to make.

And Gaijin should improve the AI brains in aircraft so that the AI can use countermeasures when anti-aircraft missiles approach from a range visible to the pilot.

7 Likes

Helicopter PvE mode has proven that there is a certain demand for PvE mode.
And here we have players clamoring for the implementation of an aircraft PvE mode!
It is Gaijin’s sin to continue to ignore this voice‼

4 Likes

It’s a money issue. PVP mode is far more lucrative than PVE; everything is done here to please console players coming from “quick games” like COD for example, by downsizing and simplifying maps (among other tricks).
I’m using IL2 and Strike Fighters, but I’m clearly not the target customer for Gaijin, and I guess I’m not the only one.
I’m tired of those PVP “circus” battles, it’s why I stopped to play aircrafts some three years ago, I keep playing tanks, and I use my high Br ones only in custom battles, these showing how WT could be, very far away from the current PVP battles.
WT is stuck to this mode and, is very unlikely to change because thats means good money!

1 Like

I agree, its a money issue. That why Activsion got rid of DMZ in the new CoD III as it was free to play and designed for PvE. What is left over are the single player campaign and PvP arenas. That why CoD is history for me. I hate PvP stuff generally. Thats why I don’t like WT AB and RB in general. To complete missions in AirSB is much better.

But like in DCS, the AI planes are not realistic. Every time to dogfight a Bf109 AI in DCS the guy can go vertical for a prologned time and your Spit or P51 will stall. WT is with its F86K which you cannot keep pace at Mach 1.15 in your Kfir is such unrealistic - one could cry.

GJ would have to do too much time investment into Sim mode to fix all of it. Thats devs time which they rather stick into new cashcows, premium stuff and others.

3 Likes

We know Gaijin is not a non-profit organization.
But I can no longer bear to continue this painful and joyless struggle…

What I have in mind is a combined PVE battle. Where players can choose from tanks, helis and jets to perform different kinds of missions, offensive amd defensive.

We already have functional AI convoys seen in air battles and heli PVE, and as far as I know AI jets can dog fight, shoots IR missiles at whatever it locks on and drop dumb bombs at ground targets. The horde of tanks marching to a destination and shoot everything they see along the way in ground assault mode can play an offensive role as well. The heli PVE maps we have now are perfect, where helis and ground vehicles can have forward spawn as grid squares are captured and jets have several airfields behind for spawn, repair and rearm.

These are things already exist in the current game and I don’t see too much difficulty in putting them together. I guess Gaijin just don’t see it printing money is all.

6 Likes

This game mode would be nice.
I hope the AI overhaul comes soon to make this mode plausible.

4 Likes

This is very much needed. Current Air RB 16v16 furball clusterfucks are not compatible with fourth gen aircraft

6 Likes

Also with this system of PVP totaly on line, is somebody have imagined the issue if WT desappear? Nothing will remain on our computers, whatever money spended, except some screenshots!
For example, Strike Fighters stopped in 2013, but you still have something left on your computer to play, and modders community always producing new stuff, keeping the product alive.

1 Like

I think we should give WWII attack planes and bombers a place to play their due role with PvE mode.

COIN aircraft such as the OV-10 in post-war aircraft.

Although unlikely, if large strategic bombers are implemented in WarThunder, it would be good to have such a PvE mode available for modification and research.

(B-52, B-1, B-2, Tu-95, etc.)

1 Like

The new PvE mode will be a new option to get people who have shied away from PvP into the game.
I think this will increase revenues.

4 Likes

As in the assault mode, about 10 players per match is desirable.
If necessary, squads should be allowed, so that veterans can support beginners and beginners can participate with their friends, thus reducing the difficulty of the game and making it better and more enjoyable.

By participating in squadrons, bombers and attackers will also be able to receive cover, which may save bombers and attackers that have been a problem in the air RBs.

1 Like

Agreed one hundred percent. It would be cool to fly out on sorties with a small group and do different mission like IL-2. Sometimes hit bombers, sometimes intercept incoming flight, hell sometimes take part in full scale offensives. The modes framework are all there they just need to be implemented.

4 Likes

Suggestion passed to the developers for consideration.

2 Likes