Where is the indication of this?
I’ll see if I can get someone to test the Rafale’s supercruise in there. Certainly though it is not Mach 1.2 supercruise clean like that one report alleged.
you somehow found or came up with a variant of the rafale with : a gun, some Magic 2s, its Radar and RWR, but no MICA, what BR would/should it be?
Just the wingtip Magic 2s? so 2 missiles in total?
Maybe like… 12.3? You get some really good performance, but you’re severely held back by 2 missiles. (and no radar missiles at that)
i’m trying to do a “reworked/expanded” french air TT and i was trying to find something for 13.3 and 13.7, but there really isn’t much.
edit : if there was a downgraded rafale variant, i was thinking, maybe its flight perfs would be good enough to warrant a higher BR
I think an older Raf with a PESA, 6 MICAs, and no HMD would do well at 13.7-14.0.
PESA has less gimbal than AESA, you have less missiles than most of you opponents, and no HMD…
maybe the lack of HMD could make big-enough of a difference, but i’m not sure it could go lower than 14.0, but thanks for the suggestion anyways
I think it would do well at 14.0 or 14.3 as a sidegrade or upgrade to the M2K5F
Mirage RMV with HMD and 2x magic 2s is 12.7.
So I’d guess 13.0 at least
If it has HMD yeah sure.
I just didn’t want to put it at 13.0 since, well, you have the Magic II Bus (M4K) at the same BR
You’re not honestly presenting this as real performance are you? If that was the case then the full flight performance of Rafale would be declassified because you can now just measure the MSFS version? Which it obviously isn’t.
Given that I liked this comment and was the first to do so, this should clarify:
And I also stated this:
Spoiler
I’m pointing out that I was not the only person to come to a similar conclusion and lightly referenced how people were claiming that I was pulling empty weight and supercruise values for the Rafale completely out of nowhere, and that an official product came to a similar conclusion, nothing more or less.
Cool just making sure. Carry on haha.
Not the point you were making but between a deal for 114 more Rafales and

These being found later
I wonder how many PL-15s Rafale did manage to defeat
Yknow since the dust has settled and all
If you believe the propaganda, zero.
In reality? Could be zero, could be higher. Nobody has come forward with a good analysis.
Oh yeah, I’m just going off of ‘Non-zero chance the Rafale got a few of its own’ so it gets me curious
Now that’s one interesting question, I wonder too!
The hard thing beside the fact that both India and Pakistan being in full propaganda mode, is how could you properly analyze that ? Between the fact that it was a complex operation with multiple aircraft variants and the possibility that missiles simply failed on their own, you can’t really assess how many the rafale managed to defeat on its own, even knowing the amount of missiles that failed to intercept. Even a statistical analysis would be hard to do due to the not really statistically significant number of publicly known wreckages (both of planes and missiles)
That’s why I’m saying it’s possible, but it’s an interesting case to guess about, rather than giving any side’s information

