Dance of Dragon - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 3)

Didn’t Hungary call the panthers ‘heavies’ as well?

This I want. Not the ugly 2 seater with a goofy snoot

2 Likes

I just had the 2a4 for reference of how small it was. All finnish leopards have the roundel near the top and its small unlike in game where its just in the middle of it.

I still think F/A-18C will bridge the gap, just not this update, but alongside other nations Hornets as well.

2 Likes

Yes, but italy called the P40 a heavy yet its classed as a medium

1 Like

M26 was a heavy tank in WW2 to calm american crews.

Still the lack of CAS

Ummm no, I’m pretty sure it was classified as a heavy tank because it was heavy.

M26 is 42 ton, just 2 ton short of KV-1, and we all agree that KV-1 is a heavy.

As tanks got heavier and heavier the designation changed to medium, because the M26 was now in a medium weight class compared to everything else.

Ultimately designations depend on the nation, and changes over time.

Did Germany ever have a CAS that wasn’t the tornado before the eurofighter?

From what I’m hearing that would still be a problem, even with a Swiss F/A-18, or even EF Tranche 1s and 2s.

iirc only with Tranche 3 upgrades did any substantial A/G weapon systems become available

Naturally we do have plans for a new German top aircraft, but there will be a period of time (as most other nations have experienced) where they will be without one. Unfortunately some nations don’t have direct counterparts at every instance in time.

13 Likes

g91 and alpha jet were both cas aircraft in the bundeswehr. Su-22 probably in the gdr

1 Like

I meant CAS with guided munition, but yeah, the su-22 does have OK CAS options. And the German alpha jet is crazy good untill 10.3.

In other words, pretty much everyone other than Russia or America, who are the only countries who feel the need to constantly throw money at their respective Air Forces, have this problem.

1 Like

A Eurofighter Typhoon DA1/DA2 with Tornado engines could plug this hole, but that is not the Gaijin way.

1 Like

west germany not that’s why the hunter was added

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

The almighty south african aviation sub tree with a respectable number of one aircraft

1 Like

Who denied a sub trees like in other tech trees?

Do the plans until the EF2000 include a plain with CAS capability or will it only adress the Air Playerbase?