Continuous crashes after a few minutes into a battle

For those unfamiliar with update history in this game I strongly suggest you update the video drivers every time the game does a big update.

Do a clean install if it gives you the option, found that cures most the crashing and black screen problems that come up. Their coding is pretty touchy about having current drivers.

some times the game will let me play 5+ matches before it crashes and then go another 5+, other times it crashes every match or more often than that.

Strangly I’ve never had any issues with War Thunder but today (and I’ve played since the update, a lot) it randomly crashed twice round after round. The same error code occurs “8111000A”.

GPU: RTX3080 12GB

1 Like

Hello I just want to say that I was having similar problems until I found out that my graphics card needed an update and that was causing my game to crash with error code 8111000A so any Nvidia users check if your driver is UpToDate im sorry for any other graphics card users i cant help you due to me only using Nvidia graphic cards. so I hope this helps yall have a great day.

Same for me. I’ve found that since the new update, every time I want to start the game I have to delete the cache before I start the game up, otherwise it’s a crash during the initializing of the game with various different errors (13, 14 or 15).

Your settings are in the config file, and your controls are under My games/War Thunder so it’s no problem.

1 Like

These Nvidia driver files are getting ridiculous. I downloaded the latest 536.23 that is 653MB and then it started unpacking. Got a message that 2.17GB of my free space is not enough to unpack. It’s a fricken driver update, not a standalone game ffs. As if I don’t already have enough WT grinding my SSD with constant rechecks and game updates…
smh

Just checked… it took 2.5GB just to unpack the latest Nvidia driver (add to that 653MB with the packed driver file). Just wow…

Hey Gaijin, how about fixing this dumpster fire you started.
Like the original poster of this topic, cant even play a single match with fatal errors, in one match along fataled FOUR FUCKING times.

FIX THIS

Well, I thought it was just naval. Was just in Ground RB game and it crashed when I got shot/killed. Tried playing at high setting instead of maximum; then tried going from 4K to 1080; still crashing. I have the latest graphics driver, btw.

The same.
Crashing non stop since the last patch.
Unplayable.

i updated my drivers. checked the file integrity, and uninstalled and reinstalled. it crashes every match and even in the menu

HI guys same problem crashes on every game grrrr pls fix this major problem

My drivers are up to date, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, I have verified the integrity of the game files through Steam, I have deleted the cache folder before launching.

Nothing is fixing it. It requires an update from the developers. I paid money for premium and have been unable to use it for a week now.

2 Likes

No way to play a single battle without a crash.
Instad of loosing time transforming a forum which was perfect, fix this problem first!

1 Like

same here, one week has passed, freeze about 5 min ingame and must reboot PC to exit the war tunder screen

On a 2 game streak without crashing, I Reinstalled the game on a different SSD, Reinstalled latest GPU Driver, none of which helped. what seems to have worked was checking the box to use Working in progress version on the game in the launcher(Bottom Right Corner)

An alternative to rebooting, I discovered (Windows 10), is to Control-Alt-Delete and select Sign Out. This will close anything associated with your account. Just sign back in (just as if you had locked your screen). Much faster I find than rebooting. Even got back into a couple of games, but eventually just quit as it’s too much of a hassle to log in 2-3 times per battle.

I also have the same issue. the game keeps crashing every 2-3 matches, I play GRB. The game just stopped, followed by sound stuttering, and freezing everything on my pc. I either had to keep task manager on and then kill “warthunder” or do a hard restart to fix it.

Same issue here.

I’m SURE Gaijin is on top of it… right?.. I mean… they have to be… right?

I would say that if it is an issue for any of the finalists in the Grand Finals this weekend (with Twitch Drops and all the fanfare), it will become an issue to resolve sooner rather than later.