Community Predictions for Future Premium Aircraft

It would have to lean really heavily on the technical compatibility, because the DAs had:

  • No DASS (so no RWR, MAWS, ECM, etc)
  • No CMs
  • No HMD

I could see an RB199 powered Typhoon, with a really really restricted loadout, like 2+4 or 4+4 maybe being 13.7 (though apparently the RB199 Typhoon was still actually really good, they are powerful engines when not strapped to a really really heavy airframe like the Tornado) .

Then I guess it could get CMs and some DASS from “Technical compatibility” of the production Typhoons… But it does get a little on the messy side

I don’t mean to be that guy, but let’s keep the discussion on topic, lol.

I dont know about the DA.2, but a DA.1 wouldn’t sell good, because No MAW, no Sensor Fusion, No HMD, No AMRAAM, No CAS, No CMs…

I would like to have F-16AM in the regular tree, while F-16BM would make a decent premium, especially with an access to that unusual for Romania “Spitfire-like” skin.

Spoiler

17859735240954039209249370467491

Plus it could get Italian F-16B Block 15 ADF skin.

Typhoon would be also nice if other nations get similar vehicles.

I think I know what Indian jet they will get… Gaijin’s favorite milk cow, they refuse to give a proper BR.

3 Likes

These F-16s would be pretty cool, but the Italian one is limited to the air to air role because it doesn’t have any ground attack weapons, which is a bit disappointing.

As for the trainer variant, I personally don’t really like them, but it could still work as an option. I’m almost certain they’ll add the single seat version, similar to what they did with France.

It would be pretty disappointing if they added a Brazilian Gripen as a premium, especially since they’ve already added the Brazilian AMX A-1A. I also have a feeling Italy could eventually become the nation that gets a Brazilian sub-tree.

Don’t mention that one Indian jet.

IMG_5483

An early Eurofighter prototype could be very cool as well.
Im seeing the TKF-90 on a good eye : different look but not my much, worst missiles, faster and worst maneuvrability at stall speed.
image

Please for the love of christ, no more top tier premiums. Fox 3s should be earned, not a commodity that you can buy.

We can’t really avoid it.

1 Like

They would be 14.0/14.3. So not top tier :P

Still a modern jet that level 20 timmy shouldnt be allowed to have

War Thunder is digging their graves with the premium spam, they will be remembered as that one game with the 80 dollar vehicles and terrible gamemodes

Yeah, but Gaijins gotta pay for the low quality servers and new C and V keys for their keyboards somehow

1 Like

That’s a lie considering what happened yesterday xD

They just feed the hampter.

1 Like

Don’t Worry About the F/A-18 Premiums

watermark

Spoiler

I want to clear up some confusion surrounding the F/A-18 premiums because the moderators removed the entire discussion, including my own messages. That means some of the context is missing, and I don’t want people making assumptions about what I was actually suggesting.

I don’t think the existing F/A-18 premiums will receive AIM-120s. Gaijin could make far more money by adding a completely new, shiny aircraft rather than simply upgrading an existing premium. There’s therefore very little reason to worry about this happening.

The current F/A-18 premiums seem to be intended as the more advanced Fox-1 options rather than Fox-3 aircraft. Gaijin has only really changed premiums when there was found to be something historically inaccurate, so there’s no reason to assume they’ll suddenly turn these into Fox-3 premiums.

One of the options I mentioned was also one of the least popular choices, and I didn’t even include it in my own posts because I’m not particularly interested in seeing it added. There’s a clear difference between what could happen and what should happen, so I’d appreciate it if people didn’t interpret my suggestions as me actively pushing for every possibility I mentioned.

I’m a little disappointed that some of you missed the nuance here. This isn’t something I actually want to see happen; I was simply discussing one of the many possibilities that might happen.

I think the F/A-18s are already in a very good position at 12.7, and I’d much rather see other aircraft added instead. There’s a difference between discussing what could happen and saying what should happen, so please don’t take every possibility I mention as something I’m actively supporting.

Hopefully that clears things up.

Spain in WarThunder

Spoiler

I was already aware of many of the additions planned for Italy, and adding Spain would be the cherry on top. However, I’m still conflicted about where Spain should ultimately be represented in WarThunder.

There are several possibilities, including a Latin American/Spanish/Portuguese tree or a Spanish sub-tree within Italy. Spain has developed a number of unique vehicles and operates Leopard 2 MBTs, which could significantly strengthen Italy’s top-tier lineup alongside the additions already planned.

That said, putting Spain in Italy could also mean losing one of the most important contributors to a potential Spanish and Latin American tech tree. There are plenty of other options that could help strengthen Italy, too. For example, Italy could make use of vehicles such as the AMX-30, which was operated by both Spain and Venezuela, while Brazil’s EE-T1 Osório would also be an excellent additions.

IMG_6096

Personally, I’d love to see Spain added to Italy because it would create some really strong lineups, but I’m equally interested in seeing a dedicated Latin American/Spanish/Portuguese tree. If I had to choose, I’d probably favour the latter and keep Spain available for a larger multinational tree, I’m not going to die on a hill over this so if it doesn’t happen, it is what it is.

Ultimately, I don’t mind where Spain ends up. I’m just conflicted because both options have a lot going for them. If Spain doesn’t go to Italy, Gaijin will simply need to explore other options to strengthen Italy’s lineups as more nations continue to receive unique vehicles.

I’d recommend making a post about it instead of a reply, because people won’t really see it here. Stopping Gaijin from doing these things is very difficult, but best of luck to you. ∠(‘-‘ )

Same excuse they made for the Jean Bart. Don’t act surprised when they add a top tier premium that’s 0.3 lower than the highest tier vehicle.

nah ill get ratioed to hell buy said wallet warriors “what do you mean we cant just buy our way to the top”

There are many reasons why people buy these type of aircraft. One of the reasons is that a lot of players simply don’t have the time to grind through multiple tech trees. Your post would probably get plenty of support, but Gaijin would most likely ignore it.
My opinion: You should only be able to buy these types of premiums after reaching a certain rank, level, or battle rating.

I do think high tier premiums have a place in the game. If I were in charge, I’d cap top tier premium jets at 12.7 and 13.0.

I want future premium pack in rank VIII add fighter aircraft to battle rating 14.0

Maybe 4th gen fighter aircraft with 5th gen IR missile (initial service) and active radar homing medium-range Air-to-Air Missile