CM Covert Disclosures No.3: Updates from Smin

This is fantastic news. In a similar vein, any news on PVE mode updates or something longer form?

The Assault modes are…old…

1 Like

What rank will this tank have?😅

So when is the Ariete getting fixed ?

So going by the logic of gaijin if the americans and british are swapping canadian vehicles can the brits get the australian m1 abrams and the canadian leo 1 and 2

2 Likes

Somewhere between Rank 1 and Rank 8

3 Likes

@Smin1080p_WT With the upcoming release of Aces of Thunder sometime later this year is there any possibility of the advancements in VR gameplay there will be ported to War Thunder? Obviously they are not going to be the same game but it would be nice to see some improvements to the VR mode for War Thunder.

I know this question is not related to this topic and partially related to War Thunder but there’s not really a better place to ask about the game.

I think it would have used the same armor found on the 2a5 no?

As far as I know, it’s basically a Leopard 2A4 with a 140mm gun slapped on it, hahah.

1 Like

Any news on ammo replenishment zones for SPAA? This was one of the summer roadmap additions on the infographic, but it is already autumn, and we haven’t heard anything about it in months.

This is the stat card of the leopard 2-140 which was passed for consideration back in 2020 on the old forums, you are right it still may change though

Agreed on this - without the smokeless motors, the Chaparral is much less useful due to the lack of IRCCM on the MIM72. I have been able to abuse it heavily in the Alphajet, which is a shame because I used to use it frequently as a US main.

1 Like

abrams fix when?

2 Likes

fixes - many, many fixes*

1 Like

Hey Smin do you have any updates about the following:

• What Swiss vehicles will be added to Germany? And in what capacity? (New line or added into existing)
  • The Ruhrstahl X-4 wire-guided A2A missile was found in the files but we have seen no update regarding it. Is there anything you can share about it?
  • Although not a question entirely, is there any updates about the statistical performance of the F-4F ICE? In the majority of 13.7 battles, you will only find F-16s/F-15s with some Su27s and Gripens. Along with the Tornado F.3 Late, it is one of the worst jets to fly. In my personal opinion, it was a DOA jet (even DOA on the Dev server) that I wish I could sell (probably for 1 SL even).
  • Lastly, have there been any thoughts regarding the EFT? I know its far from being added but its still nice to know if there were/are any thoughts.

@Smin1080p_WT Hey so ive got a question about the vapour effects, can you confirm what aircraft will get those effects, or atleast range of aircraft, is it gonna be all that can possibly have this effect (over the wing condensation not lerx as thats not applicable for most planes) for example f5, f4, mig 21, or is it just gonna be for top rank aircraft like f16, f15, flankers, mig 29s etc etc

@Smin1080p_WT may I ask if there is any ETA on the Leopard 2 rework? Or if we can exspect it this year or for next year

1 Like

That’s not a good thing. It’s a sign that the game is unbalanced.

I don’t see why it would be limited, this is a physics effect that would in all likelyhood apply to any aircraft if the conditions are met

Even subsonic jets can be seen to make wing vapor IRL

4 Likes

I hope that the wing vapour effects aren’t overdone on release. We already fought hard enough with getting the blinding mach cone reduced so I hope that wing vapour doesn’t become the new version of it

Considering the PL-8 doesn’t have IRCCM it makes it virtually obsolete instantly, giving it the PL-8B wouldn’t be as game-breaking considering it would be comparable to the AAM-3 on the japaneese F-15´s imho.

2 Likes