CM Covert Disclosures No.3: Updates from Smin

As with all other previous instances where a vehicle has been added to a new tree, this is a new seperate vehicle. The current one is not being moved or swapped and remains in the US tree.

Right now, the moves taking place are the ones listed above. We don’t have any current plans to speak of for the ones you mentioned here for now.

We are expanding crew models generally over time. So it’s possible yes.

This may be worth raising in a report if there is a discrepancy.

Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate the Ram II being added to the British tree but I’d have never bought the Ram II in the US tree if I knew the British tree was going to get it.

I also dislike tanks being added to nations that have no real life justification for them.

I disagree with how all that’s being handled, but it is what it is I guess.

In that case should i make a bug report for it?

Sad.

These vehicles would be very nice at the lower tiers of the UK tree. At least the ram is coming to help.

I get having to buy the vehicle again but if you already have it in one tree there should be a 50% discount

@Smin1080p_WT Do you know if any pilot customisation is planned for the future? Like being able to change pilot helmets?

Currently we don’t have plans for this. It would be almost impossible to see them in the average battle, even on the runway with other friendlies and when spectating.

Are there any news you could share regarding BR changes? Specifically for ground, as we haven’t seen those in a long while.

It’s been in working state on workshop for ages.

As soon as we have some news to share, we for sure will.

just wondering, whats is gaijin’s process when adding weapons that have only been tested (such as the SRAAM on the hunter F.6)

mainly asking to see if we could ever see a harrier GR9 with ASRAAMs

I have multiple points, from A to D:
A- Will there be AIR RB rework, mostly for top tier?

The current airspawn games ensures that Fox-3 carriers have airspeed to launch their missiles, and gives everyone who have no Fox-3 to get targeted right away.

When there is no airspawn, the fact people start from a single airfield makes easy to predict where/when to shoot Fox-3’s to people and ensures a high kill rate, which again most non-fox-3 carriers are most of the time defenseless.

It would be great to check around the issue from 13.0 aircrafts PoV,…

B- The Belgian F-16A being 13.3 have no Fox-1/Fox-3 ability → what makes it a 13.3 when every other F-16A are 13.0 with or without Fox-1 ability?

C- Tutorials:
Gaijin added a lot of weaponnary tutorials, and that’s pretty good thing, but i feel like we still miss some for the game such as:
Basic Fighter Maneuvers Tutorials

This would help a lot of new players to improve their gameplay in no time.

D- J-out/crash behaviors to avoid giving ennemy some credit:
Would something be made against such behaviors?

It’s quite a long process with a lot of considerations (balance etc) to take into consideration.

If an aircraft may actually fit well at a BR placement that is dictated by it’s missiles is an important one. In reality there are many subsonic / slow airframes that can take very agile missiles like ASRAAM or the likes, but giving them those missiles in game may not be a given due to the position it may put them in. Its very much decided on a case by case basis. So it’s not really possible to go into detail about aircraft not even in game.

B - The Belgian F-16A being 13.3 have no Fox-1/Fox-3 ability → what makes it a 13.3 when every other F-16A are 13.0 with or without Fox-1 ability?

because it has 9Ms

1 Like

9M are close range missiles, you got shot before you can use them

so tldr, its all up to balance?

Balance is an important consideration to make. But as I mentioned, there are lots of them to take into account (not just balance).

f15a and gripen with 9m(and fox1) at 13.0

f16 is a much better airframe, also 6x 9Ms vs 4