CM Covert Disclosures No.3: Updates from Smin

Janus thermals still don’t work

1 Like

Don’t disappoint us

1 Like

I knew I’d see you here.
I thought it was only the US getting the Skink, so I was rather upset (only saw the US getting the Skink part while I was at work), but as soon as I saw that Britain gets the Ram Mk II (as of a couple of minutes ago), I’m completely fine with the US having the Skink now.

2 Likes

No options?

6x .50 cals

2x .50 cals, 1x 40mm Bofors

4x 20mm

2x .50 cal, 4x 20mm

1x 90mm

1x 75mm auto cannon

2x 35mm

1x 20mm

There’s plenty more too. The US don’t need the Skink. Gaijin just need to actually add more American SPAA.

7 Likes

Maybe i said that wrong but my point was that the US has a ton of vehicles for spaa so them C&P the skink is them just being lazy. I didnt mean for it to sound like they didn’t cause they absolutely do. Im more frustrated that we probably wont see domestic designs because gaijin added the skink.

Also just fair warning, use a spoiler tag so people dont have to scroll past the wall of inages you post, makes the thread a bit easier to read.

3 Likes

I’ll edit it later when I get time. I’ll probably add more to it as well.

US players need to know they have options. The US had nothing to do with the Skink and didn’t want it. Smin even said they were looking at adding US vehicles to fill the gap in future too, so what’s the point?

1 Like

That one would be Brilliant for the Dreams come true event

1 Like

So the hard core US mains won’t have a break down over the fact we are getting it’s RAM, it’s like an exchange.

We rightfully get our RAM back and for that they can get the Skink

I’m surprised the skink isn’t going to be that 😂

Imagine locking the SPAA they want behind an event 😂

1 Like

lol now that would be funny but Smin said in the next update right ?

Think so

mhm and I bet the tt SPAA will be that thing

Since the only thing that needs to be remodeled would be the turret housing.

Shouldn’t need to be any kind of exchange in the first place. Removing premiums from tech trees and re-adding them to other trees already happens. People who owned the versions in the original tree still gets to keep them.

The US Ram isn’t being removed /hidden tho

I know, I’m saying it should be. There is no need for some exchange.

2 Likes

I mean it wasn’t like I was actively moaning for it lmao.

But yea I will finally shut up about it now lol 😂

Yeah, could be the US version of the Ram 3.7 Inch

We have domestic SPAA options for America in progress too and coming. The Skink is something a lot of US players asked for and fills a gap immediately whilst at the same time comes with the Ram for the British, which was also heavily requested. It’s an all round win for everyone that takes nothing away from anyone in the process :)

It’s not a win all round though, it dilutes the uniqueness of the British tree. Same reason why people complain about every nation getting a Sherman or other X US tank to some degree.

As I said, the US had no involvement with the Skink and didn’t even want it. The only reason people have been “heavily” asking for it is because they don’t know the history and just want that AA gap filled. If you have US SPAA’s coming to fill that gap then just use those to fill that gap, no need to give the US something they had no hand in. Other than players going “it’s a Sherman hull so it’s ours”.

You also didn’t answer any of my other questions.

• Are we going to have to pay for the British tree Ram II or will current owners get both? If we do have to buy it, then can we have an option to swap?
  • Will other vehicles currently in the US tree that should be in the British tree be copied/moved over? Again, M22 Locust and T18E2 Boarhound were built at British request, with British money, built to British specifications, shipped to the British, and then actually used by the British.

@Smin1080p_WT

Are there any plans to add more modern pilot designs for other high Tier jets? Currently only Usa and Russian based jets does have this feature.

Also will there be any change on top Tier Tanks modification? Currently only Russian,Britian and Israel tanks does have access to Laser Range Finder and Thermals on second stage while other ones have to reach at least 3rd sometimes 4rd stage, this is unfair.