Clouds in Air RB are a bad mechanic and need to go

Clouds starting at 200m, maps like launch site with mountains at 1500m. See the issue?

Clouds are also rendered clientside, meaning that you could be in a black stormclous seeing nothing and the enemy on your six has clear skies.

Missiles don’t lock because the server thinks you are in a cloud.

Clouds add nothing to gameplay. All they are is frustating.

3 Likes

Clouds add soft cover for aircraft to hide in, and add the bonus of ambushing, since clouds hide gamertags.

Also missles not locking is due to the moisture in the clouds, which dampens all heat signatures.

2 Likes

But still SPAA’s can track you, while you can’t see it, only you RWR sound if we taliking about high tiers. They work only for WW2 planes, that helps them to cover themselves.

Did you even understand what I wrote???

Clouds are not the same for every player. You can sometimes not get a lock even though you can see the enemy with no clouds in a 3km radius around you because the server says there is a cloud.

The enemy can have a clear sky and you do not.

4 Likes

It is one of the only things that make maps not a flat chess board.

It does in fact add to gameplay as its a very useful tool in a match.

2 Likes

That is not true.

If it is can i get some evidence?

If clouds are not rendered the same for every player, why dont i get missled while flying through clouds?

Why am i able to ambush players from clouds if im in the clear sky?

Why are clouds in replay rendered the same as they are in match?

1 Like

Radar track and mouse guided missles are different than IR targeting and missles.

I’m not talking about IR missiles in this case, they surely won’t lock.

I just wish they weren’t pitch black on the inside. I get disoriented even though it’s just in a videogame

1 Like

That’s irrelevant of clouds.
Ruining the game just cause AI needs an overhaul isn’t a solution; the solution is an AI overhaul.

I have mistaken this mode with ground rb somehow. But i totally agree with the creator of this topic