Chinese Cy-27SK or J-11/J-11A equipped with six R27ET air-to-air missiles

309ff74bfa7bd1171bce98ab512988a
I remember that the Su-27 used in service in the Soviet Union could only be mounted on the wings with the R27ET because only the wings had the cooling air channels required for infrared missiles. However, the J-11 exported to China and authorized for assembly seems to be able to mount and use this missile at all heavy mounting points. I know that China requested an additional fuel tank at the tail of the Su-27 when customizing it. Are there any other modifications? Or does the Soviet Union or Russia’s Su-27 also have this capability? I couldn’t find any photos of Su 27 mounting more R27ET

1 Like

These two photos are what I saw on the issue website. We welcome everyone to discuss and discuss the issues that have arisen

anybody?

I’ve seen the top image before and was going to use it in a discussion a while ago, but didn’t at the last second because I think it’s a model; the shadow its casting looks off and so does the background.

The bottom image is too unclear, those could just as easily be 6 R-27ERs

So, buddy, haven’t you seen any other photos of Su-27 mounting more R27ET? Besides, this is probably not a model missile. China has very clear requirements for distinguishing between models and live ammunition. The missiles used for models or training are either blue, or the wings are removed and only the body is left. I think this picture should be live ammunition

In addition, the second photo clearly shows that the missile below the right intake duct has a circular black guide head against a blue background, or at least it is not the sharp white warhead of the ER radar