Chinese Air-To-Air missiles, History, Performance & Discussion

Show?

but its bullshit

Ho tò Watch the last video of matawg

TY-20 is a different big missile, used in YITIAN II air defence system.

So, for the PL-12 now, seems 2 choices
rename it SD-10, the 180kg one, and give a better PL-12. SD-10 for low br plane like J-8F
or, just make it correct.

Gaijin confirm from first devblog season domestic chinese active radar homing medium-range Air-to-Air Missile PL-12 coming to next major update 100%

But unique chinese 4th gen IR AAM seeker when ?

No, gaijin is adding the SD-10 which they think is equal to PL-12. It is underperforming because it is the downgraded export product variant. It even says SD-10 on the missile model in the game.

This is an error they’ve made, but there isn’t sufficient data for them to correct it…

At least I want gaijin add unique chinese 4th gen IR AAM seeker for PLAAF & PLAN aircraft (J-8F) in rank 8 this year

J-8F like MiG-23MLD and MiG-29 (9-12, 9-13) will not receive their top of the line IR ordnances because they need to fill their respective BRs

I’m not confused Shenyang J-8F should be 12.3 BR with MRAAM 2x PL-12 MRAAM but might want 6x PL-5B & PL-8 replace by 6x PL-9 & PL-8B. and 2x PL-5E instead PL-5B

Oh ! I forgot it but thanks : )

Isn’t the pl9 a missile only for export?

For export ? Yup

But I don’t know PLAAF & PLAN 3rd gen fighter armed PL-9 & PL-9C or domestic chinese (PLAAF & PLAN) PL-5E II & PL-8B

Chinese aircraft export and armed PL-9 IR AAM for example

• Shenyang F-8IIM
  • Chengdu FC-1 Xiaolong (JF-17 Thunder)
  • Hongdu L-15 Falcon (L-15A & L-15B)
  • Guizhou FTC-2000
  • Guizhou FTC-2000G

Not necessarily.

PL-9C and PL-5E II are both for export, and PL-10 and PL-8B are for domestic use.

Aircraft intended for export can also use export AAM.

Not necessarily ?

Shenyang J-8F from china tech tree armed PL-9 ?

My idea change IR AAM only on J-8F

Current

• 2x PL-5B
  • 6 x PL-5B
  • 6 x PL-8

In the future

• 2x PL-5E
  • 6x PL-5E
  • 6x PL-8B

J-8H could replace it at 11.7 with the PL-11 and PL-8 but if there isn’t an aircraft filling this position will have a gap.

I believe that the J-8H or the J-8C would both make viable aircraft to fill in that gap.

1 Like