Chinese Air-To-Air missiles, History, Performance & Discussion

Where does it say the Q-5L gets 18 flares? It should be getting 64 low caliber flares as part of 2 Type 941 flare pods in the rear belly. The Q-5A should also get this arrangement as this was standard on the Q-5A and onwards. A-5C gets 18 because it was specifically requested to modify the Q-5III to use foreign made flare pods and that was the pod the buyer wanted/had supplies of (18 large caliber).

2 Likes

The Q-5A (and Q-5L), do both indeed only have 18 flares.

I don’t even think they’re large caliber.

As someone who’s been following this whole topic, seeing as the devs are actually ignoring the whole thing for ever since the plane was added into the game I believe we’re reaching the point where this whole thing can be considered a mockery from them.
Sure there’s issues with other planes, like the A-7E for example, but this one is just on the next F-ing level

3 Likes

Thats some really weird criteria. Nobody actually good at the game would agree with you

Q-5L is insanely strong. You get insane climbrate and speed so your time to target because of that is very short (you actually get more kills with this then AMX per unit of time) and are much much safer. The only thing that you can maybe compare it to is jaguar with buffed IOG nords but you only get gigazoom no thermal for quick spotting, IOG bombs are so much better then any other bomb at this br, it allows you so much flexibity and you dont care about people smoking up.

Yeah i would for it to get some aam but in ground battles? you have by far the best efficiency of all bombers

How can it possibly have higher efficiency than bombers that can actually defeat other fighters and have better bomb loads and more flares?

Do you really believe that a higher climb rate is enough to offset that?

It doesn’t have the highest efficiency. It has awful match presence. You could make a claim that you can farm K/D in it by climbing extremely high, getting 2 kills, and then running away to the airfield to do it again.

Which is far less of an actual impact compared to a vehicle that can kill more tanks with bigger bombs (where you’d look for areas where people gather and should be getting 4-5 kills per two bomb drops) while also having missiles that can reliably destroy other aircraft and are therefore also being actually useful to your team?

You seem to be misplacing K/D farming with low impact with actual gameplay with high impact for your team.

4 Likes

I’ve created an issue about PL-12’s wrong data, and suggest rename it sd-10.
PL-12 Incorrect made // Gaijin.net // Issues

3 Likes

new problem,
almost all manpad type missile get buffed, warm-up time changed from 4s to 2s, except ty90, I assume it’s forgot, so I created an issue. Gaijin.net // Issues
but it’s not convenient for me to record a video now, so It’s very appreciated if someone’s help

5 Likes

TY-90 is not a manpad but it is probably still forgotten. Hopefully this is fixed.

2 Likes

I know, i mean it’s treated as manpad before

4 Likes

its the ty90 universally hated by cas jockeys, so i feel like gaijin is going to put it on the back burner even though it should warm up fast like the rest.

1 Like

I want the PL-15

2 Likes

Don’t we all

Gajin not ready PL-15 for domestic chinese 4th gen fighter aircraft 4 or 5 years

I hope another unique chinese 3rd gen & 4th gen WVRAAM for chinese aircraft at rank 8 this year

1 Like

Clearly overestimating…

1 Like

I mean they’ve only added a single one so far and it’s not even a fighter is a strike aircraft, wouldn’t be surprised if they milked the Russian, American, and French planes as long as they could.

Dude there’s literally a mirage that can be given and that is it, China could technically get some variants of the Su-30 but we’re talking about planes that are too advanced (prolly) so the only planes that can be added are either the AIDC F-CK-1, the Mirage that was given to Taiwan and the J-10A.

The J-11B should still be too advanced to get into the game so i don’t see them adding it.

1 Like

F16 variants and flanker variants

From the J11B forward we are talking about Sino variants… so these aren’t copy paste anymore.
The F-16 variants… it depends… technically the MLU is supposed to get the AIM-120 but they might wait and i don’t see them coming any time soon.

1 Like

The model is copy paste which gaijin likes.

Instead of PL-15 which will be too op for some time, an alternative can be the nerfed export variant PL-15E which has an advertised range of 150km