Chengdu J-10, History, Performance & Discussion

I just hope they don’t add it to the J-11 line, I still need to fully research the second J-11 lmao

1 Like

That’s far too convenient, just one big line with like 20 planes,

So… J-10s could carry R-73s instead PL-8s?

I wonder because PLAAF has both missiles and, R73s would be insane if J10 is pretty decent dogfighter.

same, i refuse to play it until they model it correctly, so if it is added in the J-11a line then i will be forced to increase my J-7E k/d and abuse 11.0

1 Like

i doubt they will ever fix the j11a and knowing the snail theyll probably not separate the chengdu and shenyang aircraft so guess we gotta suffer

2 Likes

Wait it could?

Could just Q5L base bomb cause it is level 7, my J7E kd is still like 0.8 RN, but ironically my only positive KD is F100A :P

I mean some Chinese website or something else says, J10A can carry R73 but, all of these “information” is unreliable because there are no photos.

Yeah I’d take that with a grain of salt. If you can’t find any pictures then gaijin can’t either.

Frankly i cant see it. Part of building their own aircraft was to be able to integrate domestic armaments. And by the time the J-10 went into service their own IR missiles far surpassed the R-73.

idk if this is the right thread to ask but people are talking about the new update so eh
Do you think the Jeff is gonna be added as a JF-17 or as an FC-1? Since the update was titled dance of dragons and FC-1 has the name “Xiaolong” (Fierce Dragon) whereas the JF-17 has the name “Thunder” and wouldn’t fit with the dragon theme. Even though they are the same aircraft.
Also, it’s being added as Pakistani but I kind of want to see a “what-if” Chinese camo for it

Do you think the Jeff is gonna be added as a JF-17 or as an FC-1

Simple, we spotted a Pakistani flag on it therefor it will be the JF-17, China didn’t make the JF-17/FC-1 famous but Pakistan did and deserve to receive it in their home nations colours.

1 Like

No like, as the statcard name. Since yes it is Pakistani flag the jet has the name FC-1 in China, which is the tree it will be in. Although I guess they’ve typically done the export names so eh
maybe JF-17 tt and FC-1 squadron or something idk

Since yes it is Pakistani flag the jet has the name FC-1 in China

The aircraft would be the FC-1 in Chinese service and JF-17 in Pakistani service, as this is a Pakistani service vehicle it would have the official designation JF-17 - this would be the same in-game as well unless Gaijin hits me with a left hook and slaps the FC-1 on it anyways.

Not really, PL8B was still the main IR missile for J8F and J11s and J11B’s project started in 2003 which shows how much Chinese Air Force development took place in the past decade. j10 was in service in 2006 (early not J10A) so it is possible it is R73 capable, the clear surpass of R73 is not until PL10 which was 2015 stuff.

I mean it does remind me of F1C( mirage), looks like a mix of so many things, what is the engine config though?

it’s not in Chinese service, it’s just for export, designed under Pakistan’s request, FC-1 is Chinese export name, and JF-17 is Pakistan name, they mean the exactly the same planes.

1 Like

IMG_2528

I’m so ready

6 Likes

I hope someone make that painwork in game.

1 Like

the skin of the j10 prototype is not bad too

2 Likes