Chengdu J-10, History, Performance & Discussion

What’s that goofy pod

I hope so, China lacks 12.7 CAS, it means missiles with ir seekers, and KD-88 is a suitable choice

12.7 CAS with no guided bomb J11A is a joke, why is it even there, it should be 12.0.

I mean the jh7a is an excellent cas and cap plane.

1 Like

it’s for 11.7, with laser guided bomb and TV seek missiles, it’s range is shorter. the difference is like su-25t and su-25sm3

It could have as much or as little range as gaijin wants it to have. Could have more.

1 Like

range mostly influenced by seeker, and gaijin deliberately make them similar. early tv seeker can only lock vehicle about 3km away, late tv seeker is about 6km, ir seeker is about 13km, ground lock could be different but not quite useful in battle.
so, in this situation, the maxium range in data card is just a number. for kd-88, which can fly 180km, but in game, you can only lock a vehicle 13km away, and lock the ground in about 20km, no difference from agm-65d/g or kh-38mt.

This model modified from a retired J10.
I think it should be an early version of the J10 retired from the Air Force Test Flight Academy.

I hope they don’t throw out the possibility said loadout configuration because they just recently closed the report for PL-12s on the J-7A on the basis of being a display/model aircraft

1 Like

Gaijin seems to be a bit inconsistent about this. I remember the ability of JH-7A to use smaller guided bombs on various pylons were added based on a few airshow photos.

2 Likes

“It can carry them but you have no proof that it can fire them” seems to be their stance

That’s so lame, I hope when the J10/J10A is added (hopefully soon if the rumors and leaks are correct), all the knowledgable players mobilize to push the devs so the aircraft gets an accurate loadout and isn’t gimped.

It’s always like trying to pull teeth once the update releases because devs refuse to touch released vehicles unless they have a once in a blue moon reason to touch it.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s because bombs requires less, almost like as long as you can carry it, you can use it. missiles not.
but there are enough information, about the inner pylon can carry missiles, not only pictures

If estimate the size based on a person, the larger countermeasure is about 4cm×6cm.

Two different sizes of countermeasures may be used to protect against different types of threats.
Smaller countermeasures can replace larger countermeasures two to one, and are approximately 4cm x 3cm in size.The smaller countermeasures are also significantly larger than the regular countermeasures in the game (1inch x 1inch).
The J10 has two dispensers on the left and right sides of the rear fuselage, each loaded with 18 large countermeasures or 9 “larger” countermeasures, for a total of 36 to 72.

Of course, in some training and performance situations, the J-10 may seal the dispenser …

3 Likes

I found some su-25’s flare img, it seems su-25’s large flare is also very big, but the small one is very small.
02e48734d66b076ed6e58bc3e67cef1b

was this ever done irl or is this an assumption based on “it does one or the other irl so itll do both”

Option 2. There’s nothing physically stopping it from mounting all 6 and by gaijin logic that’s good enough.

1 Like

oooOOoo the logic that allows for 12 or 14 missiles on eurofighter 😊

2 Likes

If that’s a thing then yes

2 Likes

Yes, but also dont forget that

Available weapons is a balanced measure

So Da Snail githeth, Da Snail taketh