Chengdu J-10, History, Performance & Discussion

Yeah so I flew her last night, and it was alright up to mach 1. However, anything past mach 1 felt extremely slow in terms of acceleration like the engine suddenly lost half it’s thrust the moment the sound barrier broke. Kind of felt like an F11F-1 trying to push past 1.01 lol! I’m certain it’s a bug because that just… Didn’t feel good, nor make any sense, with the rate of acceleration just dropping right at 1.00 mach.

1 Like

Gaijin increased its drag and reduced the top speed yesterday.

3 Likes

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/e9gTIpUADREo
I harass them, I pity them but now the report is sent for J10 😅 🎊🎉🎊🎉

4 Likes

Yippee

pl5EII

3 Likes

Community Bug Reporting System “J10A”

Community Bug Reporting System “JF-17”
for those he wants to play the JF-17 I made a report so that he can fire the C-701 which will make him more effective. the same report for the J10A has gone to acknowledged, the report for the JF-17 will have more chance to be validated by all, I ask you all for great support!!

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for the information.

2 Likes

How much range does the PL-5EII have in game? (in actual match)

same as pl-5b/c currently

They glide pretty good, about 5 miles on someone who’s dogfighting so they’re relatively stationary. They’re generally roughly pretty similar to a aim9L.

From dev server PL-5E II like PL-5C. But gajin fix overload to 35G and including IRCCM in live server

already added IRCCM? r-73 type or aim-9m type

TY90 type in theory, should be exactly the same although that too is underperforming.

I know, pl-8b too, so I want to know what it’s like in game

PL-5E II in dev server lack IRCCM & 30G maneuvrability

I hope gajin fix PL-5E II maneuvrability to 35G and add IRCCM after update to live server

PL-8B with IRCCM & 40G maneuvrability like R-73 but flare resistance slightly better, my guess

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/1fabn0j/238020_238021_part_1/
engine thrust increased, 100kgf normal, 300kgf afterburner.
but resistance of wings also increased a little, tail and elevator decreased a little but surly can’t make up for the wing

Why gaijin keeps increasing its wing’s drag? I know its a delta wing so it should produce higher drag compared to traditional wings but why increase it with each update?

yeah what’s going on with the constant drag increases? Wonder when it will be more draggy than a B17

3 Likes

delta wing should have low drag in supersonic speed and high altituade compared to traditional wings. Most delta wing planes choose this to meet the need of high speed air fighting, like J-10, EF-2000, especially early intercepters, like su-15, mig-21, f-106.
but in low speed, it need high aoa to produce enough lift, causing extra drag.
so strange

5 Likes

It currently feels like I’m dragging a cow behind it.

Feels like B29 RN.