1981 Python 3
1983 AIM9M
1984 R73
1986 Magic II
1990 R27ET

See a pattern yet ?

6 Likes

There is.

On one hand real life is taken into account, on the other it is not. I mean it’s quite simple to see X)

R27ER and AIM-120A entered service within a year of each other. If we want to go off of service date then we would’ve had AIM-120s long ago….

Yes there is.

8 Likes

Uh, you know modules are a thing in this game, and that the Churchill Crocodile - a literal trailer vehicle - is in the game, right?

Since the Churchill Crocodile is in the game, they seem to already know how to do it.

I’m pretty sure the NASAM radar is small enough too he pulled by a HUMVEE too. NASAMS can also be placed on the back of a HUMVEE making it a relatively easy thing to add even if it isn’t the most “accurate” but war thunder lost the realistic/accurate title long ago. (If they ever even had it).

like i said, doi doesnt matter

all this shows is that russia is only now catching up to 90s technology, maybe instead of crying you should be happy you have a bright future of great equipment ahead

the only case of that, and look how trash it is, once your trailer gets damaged its dead weight

not to mention it has no real mechanic other than being an ammo rack

Because a freaking trailer with fuel in it is totaly the same as an external operated and in most cases stationary radar system.

1 Like

Bold of you to assume they will ever add similar A/ capabilities. US/NATO air power should be far superior to that of the Russians/Soviets

1 Like

how is it bold? the game has to progress somehow…??

just because you have this idiotic ideology of gaijin hating nato countries doesnt mean its true

1 word. 2A7V.

My counter t90m had spall liners on release that did not work had insta exploding fuel tanks

Someone has clearly never played Ground Sim 11_2. Literally a Gayjin’s Soviet fantasy wet dream

2 Likes

I see someone did not play lower br sims where NATO stomps 99% of brackets

I do. And I play them as USSR. It is no where near as imbalanced. But go off since you just love spouting BS anyway

Yeah, but Tor M1 can barely react in time, the radar is too good (irony), it detects every flying thing, just flare and my radar is covered in green, plus the unrealistic turn and lock system in pair with the vertical launch will cost you so much time that the KH38 is about 4km from you, and that if you fail, you’re dead. The IR missile is a fire and forget, and you just have to face a sudden attack every time they come out behind a mountain and fire, and then is gone within seconds.

Anybody defending the KH-38 and Su-25SM3 is a mouthbreathing vatnik bum

8 Likes

Once a module is damaged you can’t use it??? Oh no!!! It’s not like that’s the case with any module in the entire game!!! (/s)

Because externally operated MGs and recoilless rifles definitely aren’t a thing in game, nor velocity-based shooting mechanics like stabilizer effectiveness.

2 Likes

Meanwhile Maverick A,B and D do damage less than a frag grenade because can’t let them kill tanks in one or two shot like it supposed to or it gonna be too hard for Russians to handle hah
Hah funny KH-38 is almost decade newer than Brimstone yet Brits can’t have Brimstone
Russia get SPAA with highest radar and missile range (after they got tasted of their own medicine by Harrier GR7 for what they’ve done to other with Mig 27K) yet western can’t have anti radiation missile because iT tOo aDvAnCe FoR tHe GaMe!!

3 Likes

hate it to break it to you
russia need 10-20 year advantage to have tech others had in 1990 or even 1980

So russia get#s things from 2010+
other are still stuck way back lol

Russian tech still needs to look good at least in a game.

4 Likes