Changes to Bomber Survivability

Bombers aint that buff…

it looks like bomber player aren’t good players either

Look, we asked for bombers buff, we got it. Nobady is forcing anyone to fight against bombers. Maybe instead of shooting at the engines and wings, shoot at the crew?

Yeah the crew would melt instantly with US ground target belt.

1 Like

This has actually been my preferred method for as long as i’ve played War Thunder. Since the buff to bombers, AP belts for all guns seem to be the most reliable method on taking bombers down. Some larger calibers actually have a chance to have the shell go through the whole length of a bomber for a pilot snipe.


I swear u don’t play the same game.

you just look like fools

1 Like

Have you tried AP? It works perfectly for pilot snipes.

1 Like


B17 E because this is literally open space
even more funny

1 Like

both HE and AP work, it’s just that u need to place several good shots at the same time or allow overpressure to kill the pilots, I am just showing these people that they never test stuff on their end.

I bet they never tested stuff like this anyway. I am doing good against bombers actively shooting between 1-3 each game depending on BR

2 Likes

Bomber hunting since the patch? I like your style, i’ve been doing that as well. Someone’s gotta thin the herd.

1 Like

I certainly didn’t ask for one. I actually benefit from it because dailies in a bomber are ridiculously easy to do. I play RB and AB only to do dailies. When I actually play for “fun” I play jets in SB and there are hardly any bombers there.

Still it’s absolutely ridiculous that they buffed the bombers by putting artifcial multipliers in their damage model which is solely based on their classification in the game.

But I expected nothing less. Tämäkin ryssittiin…

@valcata
Pilot snipes work like a charm, it’s oddly satisfying and therapeutic at the same time. To be fair, bomber pilots have been making it VERY easy to get pilot snipes by flying in a straight line. At this rate most people will learn to counter bombers this way and we’ll have unkillable pilots for bombers before christmas.

Difficult to do with an Mk 108 that has, at most, 13mm of pen.

If I’m not mistaken, that’s not enough to pen the B-17’s cockpit bulletproof glass.

1 Like

Yeah this is mainly the only way. But appartly if you stack massive amount of TNT and explosive damage in the tail section it can snap. Still testing it out but it is like 70% reliable. Main plane for experiments is my Bf109Z

I know it’s a shame that HE seems to be super inefficient at dealing damage to bombers.
Even though IRL it was the more effective choice at taking them down.

Some here gave advice that maybe you should just leave them alone or use something that works better to counter them, i dunno

HEI? HEI? Lough my bif fat juicy peach ass off!!!

Seems like you dont play this game! Use AP rounds!
Oh my god, I laughed so hard about your post, i almost had breathing problems!


Seems kind of absurd that it took that many hits with rockets to take it down, considering each one contains 3.1kg of TNT, you would expect there to be catastrophic structural damage much sooner. First hits were into the wing too.

It’s not just HE, incendiary should also deal pretty significant damage, but it is and always has been useless, even before the bomber buffs.

118429_800|800x672, 60p%

Incendiary rounds, even though they have very little explosive (if any at all) should still have a blast effect. And in the case of MK 108 incendiary, produce large heavy fragmentation that gets sent forward (this is despite the fact that it uses the exact same body as the thin walled mineshell). In fact during the tests against Halifaxes and Lancasters, the incendiary was found to deal strong structural damage to the wings, sometimes lethal in one hit.

But in game it can’t even pierce the skin of those same bombers.

6 Likes

if the game is saying zero armor why should I use armor pen?

Because game lies

1 Like