Yeah this is mainly the only way. But appartly if you stack massive amount of TNT and explosive damage in the tail section it can snap. Still testing it out but it is like 70% reliable. Main plane for experiments is my Bf109Z
I know it’s a shame that HE seems to be super inefficient at dealing damage to bombers.
Even though IRL it was the more effective choice at taking them down.
Some here gave advice that maybe you should just leave them alone or use something that works better to counter them, i dunno
HEI? HEI? Lough my bif fat juicy peach ass off!!!
Seems like you dont play this game! Use AP rounds!
Oh my god, I laughed so hard about your post, i almost had breathing problems!
Seems kind of absurd that it took that many hits with rockets to take it down, considering each one contains 3.1kg of TNT, you would expect there to be catastrophic structural damage much sooner. First hits were into the wing too.
It’s not just HE, incendiary should also deal pretty significant damage, but it is and always has been useless, even before the bomber buffs.

Incendiary rounds, even though they have very little explosive (if any at all) should still have a blast effect. And in the case of MK 108 incendiary, produce large heavy fragmentation that gets sent forward (this is despite the fact that it uses the exact same body as the thin walled mineshell). In fact during the tests against Halifaxes and Lancasters, the incendiary was found to deal strong structural damage to the wings, sometimes lethal in one hit.
But in game it can’t even pierce the skin of those same bombers.
if the game is saying zero armor why should I use armor pen?
Because game lies
Yeah well incendiary has been useless forever, probably partly if not mostly because it is included in the stock belts of many planes. That way inefficient incendiary including stock belts incentivises people to spend GE to buy better belts.
Don’t know how valid it is to use that as a reason to keep it performing ahistorically at this point in the games lifecycle, as the RP requirements for unlocking modifications at prop tiers are quite low and new belts are easier to unlock than in the past.
so cope argument lol
Use AP to pirece the , no armor" to kill the Plane!
The biggest problem I’ve been seeing is me watching a bomber falling to the ground after I make a pass, and my team just comes and steals the kill ngl.
Edit: the best preforming / most spammed bomber I keep seeing is the G8N1 which seems a bit tankier than the rest from what I’ve been seeing.
Yes the lack of severe damage, even after most/all engines have failed or control surfaces of one wing (+tail sometimes) are destroyed, is definitely an issue that needs to be addressed.
Edit:
Yeah it seems pretty popular, could also be the defensive armament contributing to the popularity.
I mean what definitely annoys me is the 1 shot 1 taps from the precision aim off the G8N. (Just so happens to be pc users)
What annoys me more is how different the control schemes are between m&K and controller, they are so far apart in air it’s not even funny.
(It honestly makes me want to vomit it’s so bad)
@TheAnnoyingFinn btw
This setting is off, and no you cannot move the plane while in the gunner aim.
Meaning… and I don’t want to expose this… but apparently controller users are just free kills that are forced to fly straight despite their settings while using gunnery.
Yeah as a controller player it lowkey sucks. Most I can do is wiggle my wings.
I think it’s due to aiming being the same stick as flying…
You could rekeybind it but it would be so erratic…
Meanwhile M&K just used wasd, and other keys.
I read elsewhere that Gaijin somehow managed to apply a blanket change that gave bombers about 10mm of steel armour, rendering pure HE useless because it simply explodes on their surface, resulting in 0 fragment or blast penetration - this is why they absorb missiles. That would definitely explain what I’ve seen.
The wings and fuselage of bombers are big, empty spaces with nothing to damage except the fuel tanks (which barely even spread fires to the rest of the aircraft), individual control lines or crew, so you have to hunt those down individually with AP.
Now, the only reliable way to kill bombers (in under several minutes) is by sniping their pilots. And Browning .50-cal. MGs, because they have high kinetic energy and AP, are outperforming everything else including (and especially) the rounds that were designed to kill bombers in the first place - like German mine shells.
These changes to armour were also wrongly applied to attack aircraft like the Soviet Su-8 and TIS-MA, which have quickly become the bane of ground battles. Bombers are probably less accurate now than they have ever been in the history of this game. They can simply camp and gunship airfields like AC-130s, ignore AA, and swat or chase down fighters. Not just BR ranges, but entire game modes have been kneecapped by this absurdity.
These catastrophic changes should never, ever have hit the live server. The sheer incompetence of this “rebalance” staggers the mind. It’s frankly beyond words that aren’t ban-worthy, so I’m going to leave before I utter them.
I’d love for them to fix helis next and make the Mi-24 actually durable like irl
Yeah helis should get the same type off buffs
Maybe not all of them… an AH-6M wouldn’t be super durable.
But the “flying tank” aka the Hind is an extremely durable heli.
At 1km 12.7mm AP-I wouldn’t pen it from reports I read.
Even 23mms struggled a bit.
But in game a simple 7.62 erase a heli.
I’d love to see buffs to some big strike air craft like the Hs 129, Me 210 and Me 410, and all those other big boys!

