Challenger 3 (Technology Demonstrator) discussion

CR2 reload from second stage is reasonable, with an expert crew you go from 5.3s to ~7.1s.

I need to do a test with a stock CR2 to see the 1:1 comparison but it definitely isn’t 4x slower (which seems to be something CR3 inherited from the Leopard 2s)

I think it will be tweaked in the 2nd dev. I hope so at least

That is if we get a part 2.

2 Likes

We should

I think they’d prefer to get the update out this week and spend next week on bug fixes, than push it out next week a few days before Christmas, when the devs will be having time off

DM63 is the only ap round it has used

The ch3 gets no spall liner on its turret, as they cannot see evidence of it.

No shit Sherlock, it’s a prototype which never entered service.

It is asinine to put it in the hull and not the turret. If that configuration ever entered service, it wouldn’t most certainly have had them.

That thing on the cheek is not a spal lliner, i think?

Nothing here

Nothing i think?

So no spall liner in the turret

It’s realistic and fine, the hull is the big killer so this really isn’t a big issue.

The demonstrator won’t enter service though, everything we’ve seen of CR3 so far is still using the existing CR2 turret citadel. You could use that to argue for a liner in the turret as it’s the same as CR2’s, but idk how far you’d get

1 Like

Nah, not worth it and won’t happen. I just hope the hull coverage is good.

No. The turret got digitalized. That meant works in the inside of the turret, where spall liner got removed, and never added back, as TD is not supposed to take park in combat

1 Like

did you see, they acknowledged the reports in the recent post?

I seems they did

is it just me or does anyone else get nervous when seen pictures of the inside of tanks when in the context of new prototypes or Inservice models

Only you, i did them myself (/j) so there is no problem

So tanks have to have it velcroed to the walls for all to see, for us to be able to confirm whether or not something has a spall liner built into armour?

if we cant see it we cant prove it, unless written somewhere

Second stage is after the ready rack and the first stage. I’ve never seen the CR2 do 7s on those. I’ll give it a shot again, probably it got changed.