Challenger 3 MBT - Technical Data and Discussion

How would they have any idea what mass it is there? I doubt they’ve managed to take it off and weigh it.

You ask me, how the snail thinks. Sadly i have no idea.

1 Like

Perhaps the RH130 will be replaced in future upgrades
After all, Rheinmetall has already tested the RH130 on the Challenger 3 turret

1 Like

uk and germany are working together to create a new 120mm round. i think they found 130mm wasnt worth it.

well technically that was still the Challenger 2 turret, though the recent photos of Challenger 3 make it seem like they’re still using the same shell… I’d be surprised if Rhm didn’t leave room for a 130mm upgrade further down the line though

EKE?I think it’s more likely to wait for KE2020Neo to finish and then generalize to Challenger 3

“Firepower is the purpose of MBT’s existence, and in our opinion, the main gun will still be the main combat weapon of the tank,” said Dr. Tobias Schmidt, project director of the Rhine Metal Future Artillery System (FGS).
In proving the necessity of increasing the calibre from 120mm to 130mm, Schmidt pointed out that a study conducted by Rheinmetal in the mid-2010s showed that the combination of a 120mm L55A1 gun and a DM73 APFSDS armour-piercing shell ensures a modern enemy target. With enough lethal capacity with a range of 1,000 metres, the new DM83 has increased to 1,500 metres, which is expected to be put into use in 2026. However, this is considered to be the end of the growth potential of the 120mm smoothbore gun developed in the 1970s, which means that it is impossible to counter heavier armoured targets in a longer range and improve armour-piercing performance. Therefore, Rheinmetal decided to improve the calibre to meet the new requirements of customer definitions.

Has trophy APS been passed to devs, because CR3 clearly has access to it?

It was a mock up and a bad one and the TD is the 2019 one

1 Like

fake as well?

That is not on the demonstrator what is on it is a mockup

it is true but trophy APS is being tested for CR3 not some other tank. Or they want to add another CR3 in future?

the TD in the name means tech demonstrator. its an altered cr2

It test for CR3 which is not out yet
The tank we have in game is a 2019 tech demonstrator
Their will be another CR3 down the line

I guess there will be another

knowing gaijin they will had a cr3 and later a cr3 with addon armour. so… 2 more

We will see what they add to the prototype

how about new CR2 with additional armor in front hull?

trials should start soon

afaik there is no new cr2 with additional armour

The next tank we could get is this one with its add ons when they are ready

1 Like