Challenger 2 needs to be brought to developers attention

Tungsten is mire dense and doesn’t react with metals and easier to get i think

Its certainly cheaper, and has less controversy

Tungsten = 19.28 g/cm³
DU = approximately 19 g cm-3

So ever so slightly more dense, but you get better pen from the DU because it self-sharpens via Adiabatic shearing.

Tungsten works better with higher speeds

3 Likes

So better at close range then.

Not range, muzzle velocity. DU starts losing pen at 1600

I mean, a shell looses velocity as it travels. At close ranges where you could better gurantee that higher speed, Tungsten looks like the better choice, at longer ranges, where velocity would begin to drop off, DU would net the greater pen

Oh thats waht you meant. I do not think that is the case. While traveling shell loses energy from the original explosion, so it might be true in some “sweet spot” but other than that it will be a rather proportional drop

Thats true, could be intersting though to figure out which shell would be better for WT

In WT what matters the most is Best pen at 0, 30 and 60 and lose of it over distance. We would need approximate penetration values of both shells and see which one is better.

1 Like

Also if we use diagram shown above and we have l27a1 and l28a2 top speeds we could estimee proportions of penetration in relation to 27 we have in game now

Yep, though im almost certain the current pen on the L27A1 is way lower than it should be

We got the report
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/mdod9tP0jyX5

Ah nice, i’ve added that to the master list, yeah that pen sounds more accurate and what I’d expect

Time for Gunjob cosplay

1 Like

How could you do this to me…

6 Likes

Oh no. Well it was nice meeting you all. See ya when i make another account!

Constant energy…

impact energy. Well it is still a good to show the difference

1 Like

Yeah, so to maintain energy, the mass/dimensions will need to reduce.

I know this is kind of off topic, but did Vickers Mk.7 realy did not had any protective bins for the charges?

It seems weird to me, especially due to its competitor at that time Cr1 has them, and even Chieftains had them. Yes i know it is a LEO hull.

5 Likes