Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion

Move down a bit maybe
It not the same place

AUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Hope that get fixed with the KE one, as it is the plates doing some weird things, if no i will just make another report
or @Gunjob should i add it to the KE report and make it a CE/KE report?

1 Like

The main reason is that the outer layer of 50mm RHA equivalent armor is 17mm thickness.

I’ll add a note to the report it impacts KE and CE

7 Likes

Thanks

For me, the turret cheeks don’t matter too much if the mantlet is still massive and paper thin.

You know, better to have them stronger than weaker.

1 Like

it has been changed

2 Likes

Does this mean it actually has a decent ke protection now due to it being two layers of 40mm, rha Or steel can’t remember. Funny how having straight rha is just flat out better than add on composite.

Oooo

Yeah better KE protection. Looks like my report is finally going somewhere.

1 Like

When the lower layer will have better ke protection than the era layer for a while.

1 Like

Is it me or can anyone else just not see the spall liner in the hull? I am finding nothing in it.

Same.

There is a visible spall liner plate on the UFP, but can’t be selected, and there are not liners anywhere else on the hull

It is very hard to catch it bu it is doable
matlet lack it

2 Likes

Ik it is off topic, but HOW it is external?

oh, it is covered in a spall liner

totaly external

3 Likes

The more I look at the update in an attempt at feeling enthusiastic about it…

The more disappointed I become over its sad state lmao.

5 Likes

This is what happens when you rush an update out.

It feels like this release was driven by marketing and was released regardless of the state of it.

3 Likes

It’s more a case of the update being released so the devs have a week to work on bugs and errors, as opposed to releasing it 3 days before Christmas or pushing it back to Jan

i can make you more disapointed, they used a russian source for the F-15 radar while saying russian sources for nato vehicles are nor considered viable sources

2 Likes