Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion

2 Likes

I’ve given up on this thing, new battle tactic…
IMG_20240426_144128_500

13 Likes

Since the UFP is barely 550mm KE, it may as well be highlighted in red too lmao

a86fd19ff319d562a239841e9323d523932d8447

14 Likes

This

1 Like

The current situation and the future

1 Like

Nah we get an extra plate on the front with the new prototypes :')

I bet you 20 years of premium that any future CR3 we get in-game won’t have additional armour.

Nah, It will be 20mm of Aluminium

4 Likes

Gaijin: Through public channels and well-informed people, We learned that the additional armour of UFP is only 25.4mm aluminum alloy armour:)
Players who are dissatisfied with this result can provide reference information to the production team by submitting the Issue (need to have more than two trusted sources to prove that it is armoured steel instead of air or aluminum) :)

Link?

I’d need premium account to do this unfortunately. I don’t play the game enough and don’t enjoy it as much anymore anyways.

Its fake.

Report was denied as they dont use “emergency” stats

I’d like to have all props have their WEP (war emergency power) removed then

5 Likes

I mean, yeah. you don’t see 60mph+ abrams running around in-game.

Though it may be cool to have the option to disable governers with the downside of throwing a track if you push it too far.

That 60mph isnt stated by the manufacturer though, thats just a claimed top speed.

50mph is actually stated by the manufacturer of the 2E (Vickers) and I imagine its not an “ungoverned” speed its just the top speed you can get if you really push the tank. Its only 5mph over the normal top speed, nothing crazy.

However, this bug report was actually passed which would get the Leclerc a top speed of 90kph just based off a bunch of claims from tankers, newspapers and the French navy lol.

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/i6eieQLJZrXX

1 Like

Lads how thick is the engine/crew compartment armour? CR1 for reference.

2 Likes

5mm on the Cr2 and Cr1, it is also curved not straight like that picture

It is also curved not straight like that picture

Two bug reports submitted.

Challenger rear turret ring armour missing

Challenger fuel tanks missing section

4 Likes