Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion

Brace yourselves! *drum roll… (not a bug) lol

4 Likes

These parts are already modeled in-game, they’re part of armour view, not x-ray view. The space in-between fuel tanks is where the exhaust is.

Spoiler

2 Likes

Happy to be proven wrong on the armour but the AESP will be correct on the fuel tanks.

1 Like

The CR2 is just unplayable right now, when did Gaijin add the breach shot guarantees to kill 2-3 of your turret crew?
Yet 2A4 breach shot damages the breach
The 2A6/A7 just absorbs the round.
L27A1 is worthless worst top tier round prefer DM33 and Mango to this travesty. Do we have any further information on this round? Britain developed the round to defeat K5 and it doesnt.

Question is why is the CR2 mantlet/breach creating so much spalling? You cannot rush and you cannot snipe when any mantlet hit kills two crew members!

Welcome to the 8848 post thread trying to get the challengers ina playable state. alot of time dedicated to getting the mantlets fixed. i wont play them till they are fixed its as simple as that.

4 Likes

Because russia must be strong on all fantasy fronts 😂. I guess I can’t blame them, if you can’t make a good tank in real life why not make stuff up? I would. I’ve basically accepted the fact that all modern tanks in this game are a figment of the devs imagination.

6 Likes

Is this the CR2 or CR1 AESP?

CR1. Major hull components like the fuel tanks are identical because CR2 is based on refurbished CR1 hulls.

Ah, I couldn’t read the ID. I should’ve probably seen that it says Oct 88 in the bottom though haha.
👍

Is there any info about hull spall liners for the CR2 or any spall liners for CR1/Vickers mk.7?

Theyve been radio silent ever since the “remodel”. I’m expecting nothing Intentionally for the Challengers going forward.

To be fair, there is nothing they can say.

Something seriously fucky happened to the ch2 rework, I doubt they want to talk about it.

4 Likes

There is a report

I’ve made a suggestion post for actual working Barracuda MCS, just waiting for approval of the post (gotta love how long it takes for a suggestion post to be approved…) here’s a pic of a Chally 2 with Barracuda MCS in thermals:

13 Likes

Doesnt matter, cant be that hard to add a spall liner to the lower plate. :/

I asked the tank museum but they haven’t gotten back to me, however there is photo of what looks like a lining inside the mk7s turret but no paperwork to confirm yet

Im sure every CR2 enjoyer would be more then happy to have Barracude as Britain top tier “Gimmick” for the CR2s.

As is currently stands, CR2s offer no interesting dynamic compared to other MBTs and gets outclassed completely.

Having essentially a black thermal signature would be great passive mechanic that could be expanded on in newer tanks that could get added.

Other Vehicles with MCS/Lower thermal signature

• T-90M
  • Leopard 2s
  • Strfs
  • Abrams

I’m sure there are other MBTs that have tried SAAB’s Barracuda but these are the only ones I have actively seen pictures of.

Will definitely support this suggestion.

5 Likes

The suggestion includes all vehicles in WT that I know have tested/use Barracuda with their WT nation, this includes strv121/122, CV9040/120, M1A2 SEP/SEP V2/AIM, Leopard 2A6/7, and Challenger 2. I’ll let you know when its posted though :)

Knowing Gaijin, they’ll say Britain never used it, but give it to all other nations, even if it was only considered

They have it on 3 chally 2’s in-game already, it just doesnt do anything atm…