Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion (Part 1)

Still surprised to this day they fixed the chally 1s mantlet. I can safely say it has definitely made it far better than what is was as I die more to the ammo bug than breach shots now.

3 Likes

guess by either next patch or when ever they bother we can hope and pray they actually fix the mantlet…

Yeah, I have very little faith there will be any improvements to the situation after the dev blog. Unless they are being coerced by a third-party… I really don’t see what sort of kick they get out of modelling UK/NATO vehicles so badly. Surely a well balanced game makes it more fun for everyone, and boosts sales for all nations?..

I actually enjoy playing the challenger 1 now, by no means is it an unstoppable killing machine but I’m actually able to play it to its strengths.

2 Likes

Average Challenger experience

5 Likes

throw in your ammunition exploding when it shouldn’t and boom sorted.

1 Like

Can someone lob an equivalent of L31 at a Pantsir and see if it does anything? Refering to the explosive content.

Russian HE has less TNT equivalent but kills it in one shot

Spoiler

its classic hesh

6 Likes

They can’t buff hesh because too many Russian tanks would get slapped in the mid tiers again XD

7 Likes

you know what they used to nerf hesh? an obscure russian website about recoiless rifles. and 3 days after the nerf the site was gone.

2 Likes

It was just an incredibly high quality primary source.

6 Likes

the same primary source that had us play a tank so badly modeled they have to redo the entire thing. 5 years later btw

If you have problems with the way HESH is working you will need to provide one immaculately conceived primary source or two FSB approved secondary sources.

4 Likes

Morning @Gunjob ! I’m sure this was the moment of your day you were dreading over the weekend, but here’s the current open reports for ASPRO-HMT
One for KE resistance (the biggest)
One for CE resistance (the easiest)
And one for the backing plate which i’ve just linked my material weight estimated for the info requested. I searched for a good 4-5 hours for any mention of the plate on FV430, or Warriors installation as well, but Tankograd is the only source publically available on the material.

Have fun, my friend haha
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/LIQZc0VjpdM4

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/hUjNza9bvJyP

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/POJj1VwLKZRk

21 Likes

this man does not sleep XD

1 Like

Worth a good mention for any researchers out there: The Bulldog Mk.3, circa 2007 and the Warrior IFV “WRAP 2” both use the exact same applique armor as TES. So if you have troubles finding sources to determine capabilities of the armor, materials present, threats it needs to defeat, etc - They’re all the same armor (ASPRO-HMT) and a Bulldog Mk3 source is just as good as finding a source for Challenger 2 TES.

Same user. Same installation. Same armor. Just helps you expand your scope beyond just the Challenger 2 platform.

7 Likes

20230723_112500

4 Likes

Ohhh classic gaijin

Also, ASPRO-HMT is just a spinoff of ASPRO-H (hybrid) and HMT is also known as MTAP.

1 Like

I’m posting a box of tissues to poor Gunjob. Man hasn’t had a break

3 Likes