Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion

Gajins sources when it comes to chally 2

3 Likes

Silly question perhaps but why is the “Composite screen” backing onto the ASPRO-HMT plates in the armor view half the size of it’s actual dimensions?

See right at the top? it’s exactly half of the actual dimensions of the plate. If this is steel, surely the entire plate should be armor?

1 Like

That was the change they did with last update, because our everybody’s favourite Trixxter was of the oppinon that it is a 40mm “Dust Cover” so he single handedly pushed the change with a bit of “pixelcounting”
and of course to prove him wrong we need sources… a thing that he didnt need

6 Likes

Alright well…Time to add it to the report list lol

2 Likes

@DevilO6 has basically analized everything about the sideskirts and came to the conclusion that there are multiple thicknesses of side plates and you need the thicker one for mounting the ERA

4 Likes

OH GOD NOT THAT AGAIN, im going to sleep

2 Likes

@DevilO6 have you got any good clean photos of a TES baseplate? No care for what thickness, just with the ERA attached or the brackets

Lemme look around.

2 Likes

you absolute legend, regardless of what you dig up haha

maybe these’ll do the trick just nicely:

1 Like

I stole them from you lmao

Here is how that type of plate looks with VARNA
You can quite clearly see the thickness difference between the plate covering the side of the engine deck and the one where the ERA is mounted
Also the same bit from up close now with ERA

1 Like

Cheers. I’m more or less just trying to refuse this spacial anomoly that’s happening where only half our base plate is a solid object

1 Like
One max two pics

THE PIXEL MEASURE

2 Likes

Thank you muchly :9

1 Like

When you say it like that you make me want to give you all the pictures of other Cr2 verions backplates (mistake)

you’re gonna scare the devs away when he adds this

But the worst thing is, we are probably dealing with this