Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion

@Smin1080p Besides my complaints that Gaijin publically misconstrued my research to further a different viewpoint the evidence didn’t support, here’s all the issues with that particular blog post mentioning the “ERA”
“ERA” name and armor type is wrong - Community Bug Reporting System
ASPRO-HMT Kinetic Energy protection values are wrong - Community Bug Reporting System
ASPRO-HMT Chemical Energy protection values are wrong - Community Bug Reporting System
ASPRO-HMT Baseplate is made of steel - Community Bug Reporting System
ASPRO-HMT Baseplate is half its width - Community Bug Reporting System

I’d appreciate it if next time Gaijin would like to use my work, they consulted me before signing my name on their opinion pieces…or at the very least, made sure they understood it.

12 Likes

So it is either the whole plate is 40mm, or only the front is due to mudguard, and the rest is thiccer

OR
As the cut part ends around 1st road wheel
So either a solid 40mm plate, or in 2 parts, 40 at the front and thiccer in the crew compartment area
You can see the lines spliting the plate into parts

yea bullshit to deal with

And with that, I think it’s time to finish work today. Hope to see a correction to their blog post or at least a follow up blog reconsidering their takes on this. To say their evidence is flawed in their blog post is putting it lightly. They used the protection analysis tool on the applique armor, and said that it meets STANAG 5, without explaining that the block alone is STANAG 5, not the entire plate and hull behind it which the protection tool shows…
It very obviously isn’t STANAG 5 in game and that was a very weak point and embarrassing thing to see.
Signing my name off as me saying it’s Armor Shield R as well, is just insulting.

ASPRO-HMT isn’t Armor Shield R, It’s not an ERA, It’s not STANAG 5 in game, and its protection values are wrong. Pretty much every point they made has overwhelming evidence to the contrary but they happily pointed the finger at me who made these claims so they can refute them and look correct.
@Stona_WT @Smin1080p Is there someone I would contact to discuss this matter with? I’m not phased you guys used my name in your blog post. Honored actually, but it was used to spread misinformation and twist my research.

13 Likes

Theres several different plates for the ERA as far as I can tell - That said, none of them posess the ability to warp reality and defy having a half of its body solid and the other half, magically noclip lol

That lower one is a newer plate

Here we can still see the seem lines

Also funney that they f up the writing

Your wish is my command :)

1 Like

Ok, now provide source to prove that. Yep, that is the point we are in

2 Likes

Well, the Tankograd source claims it’s solid steel, so i’ve used that source and photograhs to evidence that it’s indeed a physical object bound by our known material laws lol

1 Like

Strong, Comrad

Just found this: it ASPRO-HMT on Warrior, you not only see the backing plate but also the line where aspro active and passive come together

And thats how it looks on a Challenger armoured repair and recovery vehicle

Aka Battlestar

1 Like

Very nice! Could come in as a good source down the line, but given the warrior’s ASPRO-HMT is likely different dimensions than the TES’/OES’, it may not help us here much. The backing plate especially might not tell us much beyond "Yes indeed, it’s a solid object, flush with the plate and ASPRO lol

Good stuff though

That’s the backing plate on a bulldog mk.3 which also uses ASPRO-HMT so if you need more XD

Only toady:

BREAKING NEWS

NATO steel is a solid, physical object, bound to known laws of physics.

13 Likes

Never once in my entire life i thought i will write something like that.

4 Likes

The blog included links to the most recent reports on each issue. But they were not the only reports involved. There were numerous previous reports by other users that cited Armor Shield R. That matter and the discrepancies between the reports is already under investigation.

Aye but it still claims to be a report from me, citing facts about Armor Shield R and STANAG protection in the penetration analysis tool

3 Likes

The entire segment regarding my report, is based on misguided information but signs my name on it. Happy to discuss this in DMs

The report is, the paragraph below is talking about all of the developer conclusions from all of the investigations. Not that you specifically claimed Armor Shield R.

You will note on your report, Gunjob mentioned there was already an ongoing internal report which included previous reports too:

Your report was simply the most recent public report to mention for the general subject.

So smin will anything be done about the lackluster performance of the mantlet or nah?