Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion (Part 1)

Green Cola No GIF - GreenCola No - Discover & Share GIFs | Giphy, Cool gifs, Twitter
If i find anything new i will tag you

This would make a huge difference!

Turret sides: 200 → 250
UFP: 510 > 610

This would make the Challenger tanks significantly more competitive.

1 Like

The issue about that report is that it doesn’t specifically explain the issue ingame, which is the missing 50mm RHA plate behind the composite and which we could witness thanks to CR3’s turret floor srmor big xD

No worries, and its spelt “armour”. We’re not yanks, we speak the Kings English.

16 Likes

Honestly they’d just reduce the composite KE effectiveness when/if they fix it

Ok, i will correct myself nest time ;)

2 Likes

nope

1 Like

Nope what?

Spoiler

I think i will be ending it here

1 Like

the hull will remain 500 ish

Aaahh too many images, I don’t know what I’m looking at.

At a challenger 2

What ever happened to the Challenger 2’s side armour being 50mm?

It’s quite strange that the rear armour is 50mm while the side is only 38mm.

I remember someone measured it irl and it came to 50mm, did that get ignored or proven false?

3 Likes

The V9 prototype is in a public place, I could head there with a tape measure at the weekend…

something something were looking into it

How?

If it’s currently 510 and is missing a 50mm plate at 60°…

Add that 50mm plate / cos (60°) and you get +100mm, so 510 + 100 = 620, wouldn’t it be the case?

2 Likes

It has been reported. It is in the “will be looked at someday”

1 Like

Gaijin have a spreadsheet with what the protection values should be. If an angled 50mm plate is added that increases the protection above what they want, they’ll nerf the composite so it stays in line with their values

1 Like

That means the composite is over performing… Because gaijin didnt make up that number, I forgot the source but it was correct to that source

That sheet of theirs is absurd and gladfully subject to change.

I mean, that sheet is the one that states that SEPv2 has the same armor as M1 and that 2A7V has worse armor than the 122s.

1 Like