Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion (Part 1)

Well, the best thing would be for them to add protection values that are closer to IRL, but that is not something i see happening any time soon

i mean, if they ignore
as they are doing now
i dont think i will have the strength to pursue it

4 Likes

Send me that report

its the one i made when smin asked me to
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/MW8kHDxpcYte

1 Like

You’d be wasting your time, for certain.

1 Like

Something something “Cant have **** in NATO.”

This is incredibly ironic given the spall liner event occurred and they changed vehicles within days, yet ARAT actually being more than dead weight and the chally mantlet being fixed after all these years, nope, not gonna happen.

Feels like gaijin is just dangling good fixes in front of us just for kicks at this point.

i mean the protection has the same value as before the update, even the SEP v2 has better side armor than the TES

This has nothing to do with the mantlet, its about the commander’s sight.

Dw guys it just a bug… Pfffffft lmafo!!! Na just the classic minimum effort for a minor nation, I’d bet 100GE right now this won’t be fixed for at least 6 months XD so after months of researching, bug reporting we get a the reward of a rework and we are in exactly the same place as we was 6 months ago posting bug reports for it to be fixed lol

1 Like

Only months? You must be very naive. XD it will take another years to fix simple things and in some patch again will revert fixes and again. XD

1 Like

The official rework was only announced months ago, the challenger 2s issues have been going on for years im aware… More so than the devs clearly XD

Oh, I have no doubt they will make some very minor tweaks and call it done.

So, what I don’t get is that they were obviously completely reworking the mantlet area as shown on the dev server, whereas what we got was just some slight tweaks so where did they work go? It’s so different and they’re saying this is the final version so they must have scrapped what they were doing for some reason.

The question is why. Time pressure? Doesn’t fit with their balancing decisions? There must be a reason.

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/nOCqd8ZScktz
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/G4fTz108tdYo
This might help you

Looks like someone quit halfway through the rework… But let’s be honest… They haven’t cared for years why would they suddenly have a change of heart. The challenger 2 is literally the peak of the British tech tree, the golden goose, the king and the desire for most people grinding the tree… And it’s an absolute joke, the challenger 1 is better to play currently, we’ve been left with a half baked mess during the major update after a promised rework. But hey those top tier premiums tho brooo? Drop some fat stacks on those new copy paste bad boys. Less of a rework… More of a demolition.

my guess is someone did the work they were suposed to, presented it and someone in charge thought it was too good and tryed to change it messing it up in the process.

numbers aside i think this is why the work quality was chabged so much from dev to live.

Incredible work Flame2512 did on the ‘Challenger 2 - Mantlet protection too low (post rework)’ report. It’s well-written and interesting to read. I hope the developers give it the attention it deserves.

3 Likes

Nah somebody looked at the rework saw it was good and put it on the Dev server, then somebody else maybe bvvd saw it was accurate and had good armour and went nuh uh, make it shit

5 Likes

Are you able to forward this? Or is it forwarded and the devs are just ignoring?

edit: sorry just saw you forwarded it 2 hours ago. Thank you

That source is pretty damning evidence that GJN is wrong about how individual components are assessed for STANAG levels. I can see them sticking their head in the sand and pretending it doesn’t exist.

It was pretty damning when legwolf did it, but they ignored it because LAV=ASPRO

Oh yea, thanks @Gunjob for taking care of it
Explore tip of the hat to you GIFs

3 Likes