Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion (Part 1)

gaijin limits it to a maximum protection value of like 50mm iirc

why?

how could a 377mm NERA only have 50KE

cause it’s using the intended protection level of the side armour. It probably loops around to that LAV diagram they have, the sides at 60 degrees provide/are rated to x level of protection therefore the LFP add-on has identical protection.

Edit: as you can see there’s no values specified for the LFP NERA

Spoiler

I made a report on that. It was passed but nothing as of now.

@Legwolf doing my final shot at ASPRO, wish me luck

I even included THAT FOR THEM

9 Likes

super_000000
Brit mains Forming up to Fight for the correct values of Aspro-HMT yet again.

16 Likes

No, just a last one lone soilder, unloading his last round from the magazine, hoping to win a war with that.

5 Likes

Thats what Bayonets are for :P

Sadly mine broke while trying to increase the ROMOR-A CE protection. I charged and hit a wall called “Give sources for your pictures”, ignoring data they provide.

2 Likes

Yeah the fact they are claiming that you test an era block by shooting its side is ridiculous

Do you mean front?, as thats what gaijin is claiming, you shoot it from a head on or 45 degree angle not 90 as is stated by the Manual.

Edit: ignore me i just misread you at first lol.

Front of the vehicle so side of the blocks :P

Yeah i typed before it dawned on me (the only downside of being able to type so quickly)

Hope they give the turret volumetric armour like they have done with the hull and hopefully its roof composite

old

new

what is this? @Fireball_2020 @DevilO6

fuel tank is in the worng place

Lol, i imagine theyre still moving stuff around and whenever they update the dev it just goes to dev in whatever state its at internally. hence why some patches its great and others its like they forgot to glue everything in place.

1 Like

If you mean the plates then they are there due to model being wip

I know the reason. Maybe Gaijin moved the turret armor directly after reading Fireball’s issue report, because Fireball said, “The back of the mantlet (with the 50mm missing plate) backs so far into the turn you cannot see the side walls of the turn cast.”

After the update

before the update
It’s really invisible now, the armor and spall lining overlap together