Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion (Part 1)

Will mobility really improve in the Chally 3P? That is the question. I bought everything related to mobility in the Black Night, and when making tight turns, turning left or right, it’s a pain, as if it were a heavy tank. I’m seriously thinking about giving up on this nation. I’ll probably give up and focus on evolving in Israel; at least the Merkava 4 is not an OP tank like the Russians, among others, and has decent mobility

It will speed up faster. Everything else stays the same

BN handles the same as a naked CR2, CR3(P) will be more responsive but same top speed

Seeing as it currently sports the ahistorical 1500hp engine output, for now it will until bug reported and fixed. Should handle like a slightly heavier 2E overall for the time being, and then in a similar way to the BN after getting “fixed”.

Are people really going to bug report it not supposed to have the 1500hp engine? Really? So petty.

2 Likes

Same people reported Mk.105 engines on ASSTA 1 over 100kgf difference.

If it’s not real, it oughts to be reported, no matter who has it or why.

2 Likes

Well there is no manual to go off of, so good luck to them with that :KEKW:

Just as Gaijin won’t improve the armour even though reports state it has improved protection, it still retains the regular armour of the CR2.

2 Likes

That’s the funny part, there doesn’t need to be one - people simply need to gather a lot of evidence where there is no mention of the engine receiving an uplift from 1200hp.

The vehicle we’re getting is based on the 2019s tech demo, as such the only changes it received were in relation to the turret (ammunition, gun and sights + drives iirc).

Rheinmetall did not change the armour, nor did they fiddle with the engine… and under HAAIP there is no uplift either.

HAAIP increases the engine power to 1500hp, I’d prefer gaijin keep that and change the article to say it’s as it appeared in the 2021 announcement

According to?

Recent posts indicate no such thing happening, as the cooling is not sufficient enough to handle such power, nor was this financed, and as far as I know the Chally 3 isn’t even getting the common rail injection which is essential for the power uplift.

Logically, it ain’t got that sort of engine output.

id rather it not be nerfed tbh

DES: “a number of automotive upgrades will be made to existing in-service Challenger 2 tanks to increase their mobility and stability”

Edit: a CAT representative has also spoken on upgrading the CV12 to 1500hp a few years ago, and the CV12 spec sheet advertises capabilities of 1000hp and 1500hp versions

1 Like

So a unit, which hasn’t even seen the tank yet, has knowledge on what it brings when the UK has not financed a power uplift even?

M’kay.

It doesn’t even have the rail injection, which according to Catterpillar is absolutely required to get that power output:

Here’s a thread which talks about this in greater detail;
https://twitter.com/JonHawkes275/status/1713890448639414665

But basically, it’s nothing more than a rumour mill.

Good news is at least on the russian dev stream c3p keeps the 5s reload. Lets hope that doesnt get adjusted

They said to not look at the stats, they are not final

I don’t have Twitter so all I see is tweet 21/

Long story short. HAAIP could make 1500 hp but the cooling is not effective enough. It can squeeze 1350 hp with the current cooling or 1500 with new one. Mod has not yet funded any option

No it doesn’t unfortunately, that appears to be a common misconception.

Then I’d like to know where DES’ “Significantly improved mobility through an upgraded engine and new hydrogas suspension” is coming from. How significant can the increase be with the same engine power?

1 Like

There is no confirmation in official capacity about the engine because it just hasn’t been decided yet. Trials are still being undergone by ATDU with some of the new parts.