Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion

Would love to see gaijin make an ms paint cutout of what they think the TES era is made out of to only give 400mm of ce protection. Just a big box with a single slab of era put at an angle.

1 Like

The benefit of ASPRO-HMT is in its name. “Hybrid Multi Threat Protection”
This is both kinetic armor and reactive armor in one.
The reactive armor (ERA) does not detonate on anything that isn’t a shaped charge penetrator. Darts, HE, etc will not destroy ASPRO-HMT.

The passive elements work as composite armor blocks against KE threats, where the reactive elements in the block space the composite tiles apart, making airgaps to reduce penetration likelihood.

For CE, it’s the opposite and the passive tiles break up the explosive tiles and stop them from detonating so the remaining unexploded tiles can catch the main warhead.

right now its a 300mm or so giant single stage bomb lol
it’s useless.

Land Ceptor and we can go home happy

2 Likes

I love how we’re putting in all of this effort just to sit at the back of the map hull down as going into town is scary. I just want a vehicle, anything at this point, that I can feel confident in taking into city maps without being one shot due to having bag charges everywhere that explode when they go yellow.

1 Like

We will be able to go to city when composite multipliers gets buffed

Sadly, I don’t think I can provide you that haha
All my research, points to CR2’s docrine being VERY defensive. TES is a defensive kit for it to avoid RPGs, Mines (yes mines go sideways too) in urban environments though so the changes i’m reporting will help you not die in one hit at least.

Due to revision of ammo placament, all hesh is moved in front of the driver and just behind gun mantlet, so any penning hit causes detonation, of a shell that should not explode while hit.

1 Like

“Legwolf complained too much so we’ve removed the left track.”

5 Likes

Ironic as I’m pretty sure HESH is basically inert. You can eat plastic explosives and shoot at them and it will not explode. Even the bag charges should burn more than explode as the ammo bins act as expansion chamber rather than pressure vessels allowing them to burn off rather than explode. Even with the cent avre only the charge in the barrel got set off leaving the ones in the charges bins untouched.

1 Like

Disassemble your tes

2 Likes

2 Likes

Yes it is inert. Sadly i have yet to see a written source that state so, only crew statements, so nu uh.

Couldn’t you just show that plastic explosive is almost impossible to set off ( it is impossible) unless they use the electric pulse.

Did you forget what Legwolf had to do above? They would not care. As long as you do not prove that Cr2 hesh does not explode, your statement has no power.

I almost forgot that common sense does not apply to gaijin. I could show a picture of the internal array of the TES side skirts and they would say we can’t use it due to the chance it was photo shopped.

Uh oh haha
Welcome back Gunjob. Hope I didn’t give you too bad a headache my friend.

Taking the evening off from Forum Thunder haha so I’ll take a look tomorrow if its still not forwarded. I will say it was a spirited debate. I hope I didn’t come across poorly. These kind of things are best hashed out before a report is forwarded so I don’t have to go through the same back and forth with the dev.

I’m all in favour of British Bias haha but I don’t want fantasy stuff either.

14 Likes

Just a friendly reminder that TES backplate is the same as 2G

You’ve done far too much for the challenger discussion for anyone to get mad at you tbh. We all get heated sometimes, no reason to get mad at you for it. Just glad your as passionate as the rest of us.

8 Likes