Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion

Yep, it sure it there

Unlocked. @warhead_beast the locking still allows the author to contribute. Can you let me know when you’ve added your bit and I’ll lock it again.

Me about to post the sources there and steal the fame from warhead

1 Like

this is more what you are looking for

This

On this

thats what that image is lol it just also has smoke dispenser

I know an enforcer when i see one, and it is not one, simmilar but not the same

did find an image with a 50cal lol

12.7 3
12.7 4
12.7 2
That one is also in my collection

Doesn’t matter who, if you’ve got the info please add it.

done

are there any weldings of that aluminium plate into steel?

Umm, i dont quite understand your question

This doesn’t confirm the material type? We need sources for the backing plate to be steel. That’s what the report is concerning.

You can’t weld ally to steel (basically).

Edit; you can, but it’s a pain.
https://blog.red-d-arc.com/welding/welding-welding-aluminum-to-steel/#:~:text=Bimetallic%20Transition%20Inserts-,Using%20a%20bimetallic%20transition%20insert%20is%20definitely%20the%20best%20way,exactly%20what%20it%20sounds%20like.

1 Like

well its very hard to weld aluminium into steel, so it could add credibility to it not being aluminium if it has weldings into steel parts, like the lower thicker part

Well, that is the source the talk was about, it tells armoured plate so people up there came to the conclusion it is most likely not aluminium. With sources stating openly STEEL we do not have any yet. Also can we see the sources that say aluminium, im intrigued by it.

It would probably help if we knew where the slump came from in the first place, I.e. the source for it.

I would be very surprised if gaijin actually give us this mysterious source that states its aluminium

https://electronics.leonardo.com/documents/16277707/18389065/body_Land_Naval_Optronics_Overview_mm08747_LQ.pdf?
Pretty sure the Enforcer II is the RWS found on CR2 rather than the base Enforcer, which is found on Panther. Leonardo bought SELEX a while ago.

Yes it’s not a picture of an Enforcer II with GMG, but it’s an excerpt from the manufacturer’s brochure saying it can do it.