Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion (Part 1)

Oops, yes it is clearly part of the ROMOR-A kit. I would still say the 25.4mm thickness is correct, though it could be RHA.

I would say RHA. It has to increase its ke protection compared to what we have now and was used as a UFP add on since Cr1 up to the Gen 2 plate (Excluding BN, that got Gen 1 plate back)

Why are you still sticking out >:(

6 Likes

because they are curious and want to see the world

1 Like

Also is Cr 10 mantlet supposed to pushed out so much, so you can acces the inside of the turret from the outisde?
Ah yes, the 200mm trunnion is missing, how did i forgot that?

7 Likes

It was supposed to be fixed but didn’t turn up in production. So it’s been reopened.

6 Likes

Well, the fix lost its way i guess :)

Can somebody confirm if their BN APS is not working correctly, mine seems to be firing 2 shots for one target, it also seems to fire at apfsds shells that still manage to hit the tank and do damage

Works fine in test drive

Thats normal, it cant stop top apfsds, but it weakens them

1 Like

That’s what she said.

It is armoured steel, overall it offers 50mm of KE protection. The 2nd plate is about 50mm thick and definitely solid(whatever is inside wink wink), you can tell it’s heavier because it uses the heavy duty bolts.

A magic material, providing superior kinetic and chemical protection, called air (joke)

Thankfully not :)

Tea

IMG_20240101_202038

5 Likes

nothing can top us

I believe it’s Gaijins holiday vacation soon, so if we don’t get the Chally 2 devblog tomorrow, we probably won’t get it for another week or two after.

Hopefully i’m wrong

I’m not hopeful. Then again i’m a pessimist. But given the lack of dialogue so far, I’m doubtful.

1 Like

dev start their vacation