Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion (Part 1)

when other tanks get them an update before us, Britain cannot have any advantage

1 Like

HMM

is there a reason why in this game when the tank starts to climb a hill instead of rpms going up to push the engine they go down?

shouldnt rpms go up with increasing acceleration?

I have never checked that, but irl it has to do with engine not being able to pull the mass on set gear and losing rpm

(ignote this)
Also fun fact
The game changes gears befor you reach 2300 rpm so you naver go at full power ;)
as 2300 is the max RPM for the engine?
HUH???
So engines in this game have a top possible rpm in a place where they have the most hp, so they never reach it?

What kind of Bull**** is this?
Unless im overthinking again
No wait, everything here is fine, i confused torque with hp.
Im going to stop thinking for a while to reset my brain.

I think its been an issue for a long time that tanks simply cant climb hills they should be able to, yet they wont fix it as part of the tracks modifications let you up hills 1 degree steeper, so its not a bug, its a feature

1 Like

yes but they also lose rpms when turning, or doing anything that requires more engine power.

i mean in my car if i press on the gas the rpms go up, if the car starts to climb and rpms go down the car chokes and stalls.

It is a leftover from the times where there were no invisible walls and other ways to prevent climbing. They added these tings but decided track does not need traction

The hydrogas suspension on CR2 heats up after a bit of use, causing the nitrogen gas inside the suspension units to expand. The driver’s track tension drill is as follows;

1. Perform track tension on both tracks prior to movement.
  2. After 15 minutes cross country driving, or 30 minutes road driving, perform track tension again to account for the rise in the suspension units.

CR2 hydrogas units are not incrementally adjustable, it is either low (cold) or high (hot). The only controls the driver has are the hydraulic controls for the track tensioning system.

1 Like

Well, it still leave me with the question, is it able to lift to the point we have in game or no?

Here’s some good pictures where I’d say the suspension is cold;

and hot;

In the second picture you can see the tank is standing taller, look the bottom edge of the bazooka plate in relation to the top of the roadwheels. I’m not ingame atm but that would be a good point-to-point measurement.

2 Likes

Thanks, it seems like we are good
Height looks close enough

2 Likes

I think chally models and also all the other models were created by using blueprints like this one which are inaccurate. I myself model cars in blender and blueprint modeling in modelers circle is simply called as “blueprint hell” as they tend to leade to many inaccuraces as they are non official and made by amateurs. In most cases planes don’t even match. Also lots of details are abscent in the planar view. So these are the reasons why I gave up using it.
The far better option is photo modeling which uses all the highly detailed photos that are available in the web and maps them together. This method gives a far greater accuracy but isn’t widespread enough to reach WT devs and it’s outsource companies.
The third method is 3d scanning but nobody will let WT devs scan chally or any other modern MBT

I wanted to take more screen but i got hit with that

The hampter has died

1 Like

im on fine :)

two seconds later

Spall liner working well

I tried to remove 2e mod from base Cr2 and it went server is unavaiable and kicked me out
ok im coming back

Yea, it looks fine, thank you for healing my schizo

1 Like

The vehicle’s sitting too high as indicated by idler & sprocket in relation to their closest road wheels.
Congrats on 1000 posts since I was last here 13 days ago.

1 Like

Nah, with the help of @l2ulan it got sorted out, the tanks on pictures are just cold, and we have them on hot in game