Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion (Part 1)

Makes me laugh we’re literally talking about highly classified tank now in game so we can only go by what’s visible, what’s stupid is thatbthey still ask for classified manuals as a source.

Yea, a leftover of the WW2 era reports, where providing OEM for them is not that big of a deal (compared to modern things) and is a system to prevetn falsification of data (heh, i would say that even with that this sistem somewhat fails, but i will keep this to myself (yes, i did that)). However in modern things it gets very tricky, and it shoud be worked around.

2 Likes

Clearly needs to be edited, but it also makes me question if they even bothered to look at the report.

Cannot unhear this now.

I hate you. I love my Perkins V12.

Happy to destroy your view on Cr2 :)

Why? I did nothing wrong? I just posted my vacuum cleaner :)

Gaijin outsources all their models as of now, every tank in game will have some inaccuracy or issue if you look hard enough.

And when they are spotted and bug reported with evidence of how they should look in real life I’d expect it to be acknowledged.

I remember seeing a picture of the Challenger 2’s lower plate with a spall liner yet I don’t see a report about it.

Was it not actually a spall liner or is the report just yet to be made?

Men gotta like the way British main report and acknowledge about their tank with patience and manner, unlike some crying babies.

1 Like

Is there really no way to get the side plate thickness on the TES/OES back?

Unless you find a sideplate picture from the top or from the bottom, on a tank that is confirmed to be TES or OES version whatever we have in game from 3 available, then no.

anybody noticed how the ammo in the turret of challenger 2s sticks through the spall liner?

dont know if you can get the ammo detonated without penetrating it but lets be honest the ammo detonates when being looked at :(
If somebody wants to make a report be my guest, i dont wanna deal with it lol

I mean those rounds shouldnt explode in the event of a hit, from our info. Sabots have no explosive content and the HESH is inert until it is fired/in conjunction with the propellant…

2 Likes

yeah they shouldnt but its war thunder, and it annoys me how the two racks stick though :)

1 Like

Mate you can literally see daylight through the challenger 2s armour blocks. Just be glad it’s even got a spall liner

trust me i know. I run only sabot and still got racked in my Chally 1.

1 Like

Yea, that saddens me.

Has anyone ever bug reported the awful clutter on the 2E’s gunners sights? As far as I can tell they are the same magnification and FOV but the lines are so cluttered that its impossible to shoot at range with them.

2 Likes