Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion

Im in WT, the reason the right is stronger is because its also counting the ready rack ammo bins as another layer of armor before it reached important stuff (loader), atleast I think so. However from testing, the right does seem a teeny bit stronger than the left. However the difference is miniscule

Hopefully it will remain like this!

Otherwise, CR3 would be literally unplayable, since each and every single mantlet penetration hits the ammo.

If this is an unintended bug and they change it, it will be the death of CR3 until it gets DM63A1 for the same ammo detonation-proof effects.

3 Likes

We will see, but i am optimistic

1 Like

Hits the ammo, ammo rack bins add to the armor

Hits the loader, misses ammo rack.

Misses loader and ammo, hits engine fire wall, that firewall adds to the armor

1 Like

Visual model is incorrect, Challenger 2 basic with add on armor has it correctly modeled, its the same, just not as covered by a camo net
As for why its structural steel? Idk gaijin I guess

The Chally 2 OES has it even worst, atleast that is a mounting bracket for ERA or composite. The OES has the additional side turret plates and those are structural steel for some reason. I guess making it RHA would make it too op

How gaijin decide hull values XD

7 Likes

500 is the estimated protection level for gaijin, therefore the hull comp will simply be nerfed

Problem is every other tip tier tank does this way way better.

Not to say the CR2 can’t do this… its just crap in comparison tk everything else.

reported

this has been reported, would be nice if we got DM63A1 tho

1 Like

Im currently taking part in a very weird situation
Me as a UK and US team steamrolled the USSR GER SW team (i took a part of it by removing and disabling early gaem rush but still)

I mean, is it? it is some kind of a blow out i guess?

reported

nah, its a modelling error due to the way they quickly did it

Then go on i guess, but for every ammorack death im tagging you here

6 Likes

reported, fingers crossed that CR2 news may involve that amongst other things

1 Like

not my report i’ll point out

1 Like

ok, now i need to find who did it and ping them

4 Likes

even MOAR

I cant. I went over my whole “Sikrets dokumints” stash and the internet. Well, there were more pictures, but you were the one to post them so i ignored them