Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion

Someone walks inot here and sees this
i had to set the zoom to 33% to see everything at once

5 Likes

they seem right to me, like they are in a good position

There’s no way for ammunition to exist in their current configuration as seen in WT though.
There’s ammunition under the floor the loader is standing on.
There’s ammunition that would have to slide through the drivers knees and legs, and the seat to get out (not to mention there’s photos showing that compartment doesn’t exist)

There’s now this source that says there’s two bins either side the driver, which i’m inclined to believe as it’s further compounded by the other source that states the same locations.

I can’t really go off anything else but these sources. Unless you’ve got some classified information which you can’t share lol

It is glorious. At some point I want to redesign the layout of that, I think I need to add more categories to the “Survivability” section

i added the pics, compare them to what we have in game

Its based on this:

@Legwolf you able to explain further please. I need to go to work

Is there one about the breech/gun being too far forward?

i think the issue is that me and @Fireball_2020 are talking about the ammunition charge bins where the propellant charges are stored in while you are talking about the bins for the projectiles aka the HESH rounds

is that right? then excuse me for the confusion

idk, look up, this is the same topic msg 1 is the list

Pretty much yeah, and funnily enough they got the size right so that’s exactly what they can do.

1 Like
  • Incorrect Gunner and Commander position

Might be this one, didn’t see a link on it though

well, it seems correct to me… we do not have the roof armor so the spall goes into and kill everyone

Though there is a bug report in for that

1 Like

It is a fresh one, but i know it is. Just we are missing it ALL THE TIME up untill now, and i have no proof the roof has armor (i know how stupid it sounds)

Nah it was about Cr2

It is there for one photo, for the second one i have no idea from where it is

In the x-ray the gunner is sitting back and to the right of the breech but in all the photos I’ve seen the gunner seems to be sitting in line with the breech, so it looks like either he’s too far back or the breech/gun is too far forward

Ohhhh, yea i have no idea

Yeah, so you’ve got 3 rounds of HESH in the front left of the driver (this can’t exist, it’s photographed to not be there)
and 3 rounds behind his chair (also inaccessible)
plus 2 rounds infront of the gunner, which I can’t find any sources for
and 5 rounds on the floor in the turret basket which…again can’t find any information on.

All of the propellant charges in the game (which amounts to exactly 50) look to be in their correct spots.

34 Propellant charges in the back section of the turret in the U shaped bins.
4 to the left of the breach near the gunner
and 12 to the left of the driver.

34 + 4 + 12, gives you exactly 50 rounds, which is the estimated maximum.
Challenger 2 uses two piece ammo so for every charge, you need a projectile.

in the back of the turret we’ve got the inert rack: 24 projectiles.
in the turret walls: another 4 projectiles.
infront of the left charge bin, you have two explosive projectiles.
Under the breach is 7 explosive projectiles.
This gives you 37 rounds we can confirm the location of in photos.

The problem i’m looking to fix is the location of the remaining 13 rounds.
They’re confirmed by photograph and diagram that they cannot possibly be left of the drivers knees. They can’t be behind the drivers chair as suggested in game as this is BELOW the basket floor and unreachable.

so now you have 11 mystery (5 from the floor, 6 from the drivers compartment) rounds where you don’t know where they can go. The source I have, suggests explosive ammunition is stored below the turret ring, either side of the driver and in the hull corners.

We can see in this photo that at least 1 hesh warhead is stored by the loaders legs (between 2 and 4)
Fmg3aO9XoAcFP0G
So now you’ve got 10 mystery rounds.

If we add the 10 mystery rounds to the gunners side, and lay them horizontally you EXACTLY mirror the 12 charge capacity on the left side. Granted these are explosive projectiles, NOT charges, but they’re the same diameter, so we can safely say the max you can fit there is exactly 12.

therefore, there should be no warheads left of the drivers legs, behind his chair or any on the floor.
1 round should be upright next to the loaders leg.
The remaining 12 rounds should mirror the charge bin, left of the drivers seat.

This reasoning not only makes sense but lines up with the sources we’ve got.

3 Likes

ahh okay yeah than we really spoke about two completly different things, sorry again