Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion (Part 1)

if the right one was already eliminated with chally 1 mk 3 why should it have been reintroduced with chally 2?

Which will leave it looking exactly like this in the end. Two mirrored charge bins either side underneath the turret ring (as described by my two sources), a charge bin next to the loader and the large U shaped bin behind the crew in the turret basket. Then inert rounds in the turret back and walls, as well as by the loaders feet.

Appreciate where you’re coming from but here’s my source saying the exact location of the ammunition:

…kept in the rear of the fighting compartment, ON EACH SIDE OF THE DRIVER, and in the hull corners

but the source is then contradicting itselves since mk. 3 did not have charge bins on each side of the driver

Practice as in storing apfsds in the turret and charges on the floor

2 Likes

Got this one without the massive glare over the highlighted text?

I can look, but it’s not my photograph

As Devil said, I don’t think it’s referring to that portion of the text, but rather the pratice of storing inert rounds on the turret walls and turret sill. Not the rest of the design.
There’s no contradiction there

3 Likes

Added to the report.

3 Likes

Champion 🧡
I’ll try and get a hold of these two books again and take some proper photographs for clarities sake but thankfully that glare doesn’t cover up the actual info needed

1 Like

Thats a left side, sadly we were looking for the right one

1 Like

Ahhhh right

Interesting! Not sure really what i’m looking at here. Is this a POV of the loader and his floated ammo stowage next to the breach? While i’m looking for images right of the breach, that’s a larger amount of ammo than we’ve seen for the loader.

This is the ammunition below the loader to the left side of the hull

I see waht you did there

2 Likes

And warhead stowage under the gun - I sent this photo yesterday

62mrkzwc9va51
So not this 4 round ammo container, but below this?

1 Like

As you can see here

Below yes

1 Like