Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion (Part 1)

If Germany get it, its because they cried enough to Gaijin and are so used to getting their own way.
Remember when they were getting Austrian versions of actual French tanks and then the Swedish USH because they stuck the turret on a Jadgpanzer hull.

SK-105 is not French…

Its more French than German, Austrian chassis, build by Steyr (Austrian company) equipped with a French oscillating turret

What’s German about it? The Nation that uses it? Austria is as close to Italy as it is to Germany

Not a French turret either…

Eh, more that rhinmetall designed 130 with compatibility with their 120mm mountings. Like how the L7 was designed to be drop in replaceable into 20pdr mountings. Doesn’t mean the Cent Mk.5 was “designed” for it.
The 130mm demonstrator still required modification from LEP spec anyway.

Cr2 130 argument is over. Open Cr2 thread ‘Cr2 130mm is…’. Mfw:

6 Likes

GET OUT OF THE CR2 THREAD. Go here instead ffs

2 Likes

If there’s one more post about the 130 in this thread someone reply to it with the link to the 130mm discussion That I made SPECIFICALLY for the 130mm.

GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE CHALLENGER 2 THREAD TALKING ABOUT AN AUSTRIAN TANK!!!
Not the place.

17 Likes

Yep apologies, back to the CR2 being pish :'(

1 Like

Ackshually the LEP turret was completely Made by rheinmetall and BAE had to give permissions to let rheinmetall use their Hull aswell as provide with parts in case they broke stuff hence they unified a company into RBSL wich was in order to sell their product as 1 company and both could get revenue out of it but only sights and other stuff like the tea kettle was kept the turret had to be Made from zero, but based in the normal Challenger 2 design. The exact motive for the creation of RBSL was because BAE sold 55% of share to Rheinmetall in order to create joint projects like the LEP

1 Like

Ackshually i was talking about the history of the Challenger 2 LEP, just clarifying history about the LEP programme

In the context of the 130

6 Likes

Not really i already explained My argument with the 130 i’m the respective place, i was specifically talking about the LEP programme since there was a confusión with it

Foliage camo time

6 Likes

Vs

Pain :(

8 Likes

we need l28a1, gaijin when, lenghtier dart n made out of tungsten, could help abit with the absolute fatfucks

If we had this. I wouldnt care that it was a bad tank. Id just drive everywhere looking my own tank and not paying attention to where I was going

Would have been a better premium than the OES lmao

im curious how long is L28A1 and how much pen does it have?