Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion (Part 1)

Someone else noticed their inert steel and du rounds are exploding:

https://old.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/1byc2s5/are_apfsds_supposed_to_detonate_apfsds_ammunition/

🤯

1 Like

First match in the OES after not playing it shortly after the latest major updated ruined it more.

2km one shot through the mantlet. If i wasnt laughing, id cry.

3 crew with 1 dart.

Imgur

12 Likes

Other players saying my aim is bad when my round goes between the gunners and commander of an enemy tank (this is before spall liners) and doing no damage as they one shot kill me through my breach. We can’t even use the roof weakspot ourselves as at most it kills our commander and maybe our gunner while everyone else can get a one shot through it.

• one, we need our rounds mass increased as it is not fun playing with something that acts just like the apds rounds we left not to long ago. We don’t need a reminder of it at top tier.

• two, we need our roof and especially our breach fixed. This ain’t okay. The roof missing armour and angle which should make it impenetrable. And our breach…. Well our breach is our breach.

2 Likes

S… s… s… ski… SKILL ISSUE!!!

sorry couldnt hold it back

1 Like

challenger is good, tank for hull down man. hahahaha jesus, I die

4 Likes

Clearly the real reason you died here was poor positioning, what you shouldve done is positioned yourself away from your war thunder client.

4 Likes

I very nearly positioned my computer, which has the client on, out the window.

Even though the CR2 was crap before the update, I much preferred it then, to the shambles it’s in now.

How can anyone say they improved it, but made it worse.

2 Likes

I can’t believe you guys actually paid money for a CR2 implemented by GJN.

1 Like

I haven’t even played with CR2 at all since the “top quality rework” arrived. I am saving me sanity

Sans titre

5 Likes

It was dumb, I know, I didn’t go into it with high expectations , but being a Brit main… prem CR2, yes please.

As I said, it was awful before the update but playable with a bit of patience. Now it’s just trash.

@Smin1080p have the devs had time to review the feedback on the cr2 “rework”?

1 Like

Vietnam Flashback GIF - Vietnam Flashback Cat - Discover & Share GIFs | Cats, Cat gif, Vietnam

1 Like

Hello

Most of the reports submitted since have now been answered. Those that haven’t will have answers coming.

1 Like

Tbf that’s not unique to the CR2. I checked a few weeks ago and the HESH could overpressure some other tanks with cupola/roof shots, and one of the complaints with later M1 variants is that the extra roof modules make them easier roof overpressure kills

I wouldn’t expect too much, to be honest. Actually, I wouldn’t expect anything. That was the rework we got, and it doesn’t make sense to me that the devs are willing to improve a rework that was supposed to improve the tank in the first place. I’ll stick with 10.3 BR and below. Even at 10.3, we have a bug that’s been there for more than 7 months where darts are explosive for Challenger Mk 3 and DS.

1 Like

Went back to play a few matches. I did not feel anything better or worse with the CR2s at all after the “rework”. But the CR3 TD is much worse than it was. I don’t know why, now DM53 and 152 APDSFS can pen this turret at 99% of angles. I ain’t touching these tanks.

But the indirect artillety fire with MTTD and a scout drone is enjoyable on large maps.

Here an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8VzCAZ05IU&t=183s&ab_channel=BallisticSwift

1 Like

the rework turned the CR3 TD into the old Base CR2 damage model and they have still failed to fix it. with no reply yet.

5 Likes

Make sure to pass on the feedback that many of us are disgusted with the way they’ve handled this whole situation. Ignoring well sourced feedback in favour of “beliefs”, buffing it for the dev server before nerfing it to an even worse state for the update, followed by total radio silence.

In what world is that acceptable?

I’ve put a reasonable amount of money into WT over the last 4 years I’ve been playing, but even the sunken cost isn’t enough to make me consider giving them another penny now.

5 Likes

You know what impresses me the most about this? The Challenger DS is a premium vehicle; you pay to have it. You might expect that being something you paid for, it would receive special care. A bug that can make your tank explode with a small fragment, occurring for over 7 months and already reported several times, doesn’t seem like the company cares as much as you would expect. The Challenger 2 OES might be a similar case.

7 Likes