Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion (Part 1)

Oh okay…. Was my post flagged because I was talking about the chieftain on the challenger thread, or because I said the f word, or because I criticised gaijin…. It’s getting harder to tell at this point.

What I said was the mk 10 should get its gen 1 thermals and be kept at 9.0. The mk 5 should get its lrf and maybe the dart as the apds is usless due to how little damage it does now. And the mk 3 be kept as is and moved to 8.3. Nice spread that bolsters 3 lineups for Britain with simple changes that are not over the top.

1 Like

I think we should move Challenger 2 discussion to the off topic thread as whatever we say or demand here is irrelevant and meaningless to the Devs and that is the real place to discuss things that are irrelevant in general

P.S. I am getting tired of writing comments like this, lost interest in playing British vehicles, now losing interest in writing complaints on the forum. Devs take 0 feedback from us, I repeat 0! that’s not gonna changle no matter how much we try. They just do what they want, we are just basic players and towards us they have 0 obligation of accountability. knowing this they just DON’T CARE

2 Likes

People make the argument it’s their game and they can do whatever they want. Sure I don’t mind but they say they want real sim, players defend them saying their game is balanced and we complain to much. Sorry if I want a game a genuinely enjoyed for a time to be good, is that so much to ask for. Helldivers 2 has managed it, Elden ring still hasn’t gotten old for me nor has any of the other dark souls games. Halo is still the game me and my mate go back to whenever we want to hang out. All of this to say is that wt could be this but decided a to pamper to the people who chose the correct nation to play from the start. I could get more of my mates into this game but the number one thing they say is that the grind is too much and fighting specific tanks or planes is simply not fun.

4 Likes

I meant 8.7, the mk10 is good at 9.0 but there simply isnt a good lineup for it so you are playing with 8.7 anyways. The mk10 uses the L23 APFSDS, which is not correct, it should be the L23A1, slightly lower pen but with better angle performance, so overall better.

The speed is the main issue with all chieftains tbh

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

you swore, very naughty, nothing else would of got it flagged, praise the snail

In case of me, when I talk about war thunder with my friends who don’t play the game, I always joke with them to start playing war thunder, but I have never seriously suggested anyone to play war thunder, always said that as a joke.
If somebody starts playing this game because of my advice I will feel somewhat guilty, I am not joking, I won’t feel good if someone decides to pour thousands of hours in the game like this because I had suggested to try it

1 Like

Lets be brutally honest here.

The game modes are crap and very, very stale
The damage model is questionable, and that’s if you’re being very charitable
The radar, locking etc. is wonky as shit
They lie to your face about stuff, and then claim to be “realistic”
The sound has always been bad and continues to be bad.

The only good thing in this game is the graphics, the rest is mediocre at best

Edit - I forgot to mention the maps, which are quite possibly one of the worst map sets in any modern game.

4 Likes

If we talk about the vehicles they look decent but when it comes to environment it’s 10 years old in terms of visual quality

1 Like

We allow criticism of gaijin in ba sing se

Don’t even get me started in game modes…. Battlefield 1 is still my go to for the pinochle of game modes. Endless hours of fun I had while “studying” for my GCSE’s. Battlefield 5 still holds a place in my heart for how good the squad mechanics were (although the rest of the game was mid). But then we have war thunder, not a single change in decade. I could rattle of a number of game modes they could try and would be fun, only problem is they don’t like experimenting with anything. The maps make it that much worse as they think we want cod maps with 3 corridors to go down and removes “camping” spots as aparently being hill down is a bad thing. Red desert is still one of my favourite maps and the player base all complained about it enough because it took more than 30 seconds to get into combat to get it all but removed. Predesh is ok but could do with some more cover mid map. But instead gaijin give us city map after city map, which are simply no fun as it’s a completion of who can have the buggiest engine noise and the quickest reaction times…… god it hard not to swear.

1 Like

Try to do some usefull sugest for chelli 2 at ru forum.

Rus community liked this sugest)))

3 Likes

Yeah, the audacity of them to make it look promising on the dev server before stripping it away on live is something else. Incredibly insulting.

110%. I don’t even know how people can deny it at this stage. Flat earthers also exist, so I suppose anything is possible.

Not only that - when gunjob or flame (sorry can’t remember who exactly) posted a source to show the G load was too high, that was “fixed” almost instantly lmao. Nothing else about the min engagement range or IRST detection ranges was fixed though, because those would buffs.

2 Likes

nice

1 Like

Well, you want get that far. The block is a part of the armour packages and it is what makes Cr2 versions different. And 2 BN and 2E never mounted that block so they will probably ignore it.

i would think the 2e being an export version wouldnt have access to it but the rest should have its “theatre entry standard” armour packages added as a choice. its called a standard for some reason…

The probability of success is not zero. I don’t lose anything for losing, and the prize is too tempting.

7 Likes

It’s time to remember that the 2F in stock has armor (ROMORA) like cheli 2 in the top. However, in the top it has NERA blocks like TES/OES

1 Like

As it is historical
DL2F early
DL2F Late

Also 2F is still missing VARMA backplates

2 Likes

There is different between front hull of chelli 2F and chelli 2BN/E/3TD?))))

As someone wrote to me on the ru forum:“So you can easily come to the 2E in an OES body kit with an Iron Fist and an L55.”)))))))

1 Like

It is no different.

Yea if we go full theoretical we could do that.
Thats a OES with Iron Fist and 140mm autoloader

3 Likes