Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion (Part 1)

*5 years

The interior of the new version of Challenger 2’s gun shield armour shows that it is 400 mm. Is it actually only 200 mm? Is it false propaganda? Is the cannon shield armour of Challenger 3 forgotten by Gaijin? As a newly designed turret, it lags behind the turret of Challenger 2 in all aspects (lack of anti-collapse lining, lack of reliable gun shield armour protection)

Welp that’s not good then

I’m grinding Russia then

I also find interesting that CR2-3’s hull is as weak, if not weaker, than it was before, although it is suppossed to be stronger…

Unless this is just an armor viewer issue. But, according to this, 3BM60 can penetrate places it shouldn’t be able to.

can you inquire if the holes in the turret cheecks next to the mantlet are actually on purpose?

also cr3 td seems unfinished

Ah yes the wall of flagged posts, did you all criticise gaijin at once?

6 Likes

Perhaps.

ask @Pacifica to see what is wrong with them

2 Likes

@Gunjob
There are too many problems with the challenger’s re modeling
1,Challenger 2 Remodel Mantlet and Gun assembly slightly too high.

2, the side of the turret KE is lower than it should be

3, CR2 E only have one layer of 30mm

4, Challenger 2 Remodel Missing Turret Ring Armour

5, wrong KE of the mantlet

6, The hole needs to be filled

7, CR2F TES OES should have 2F late plate

9d96d23074a15dcdc5eedd6d72cf7662b53cd0a9_2_1000x666

They all probably said gaijin did a bad job with the remodel

bug

It find its funny that only Gunjob the only one giving feedback atm… bless u lord job

Welcome to the darkside.

Basically. Not even that scathing, just honest opinions/reactions.

I knew it wasn’t going to be perfect from the first attempt. That’s just being realistic.

So constructive feedback is welcome. What I don’t want is to have to wade through the usual wave of complaints and unhelpful comments.

We’re closer to having a good representation of CR2 than we’ve ever had and it’s been years since it was brought in and while it’s not quite there yet it’s so much closer.

4 Likes

We said a few words regarding the dedication gaijin devs have in regards with our challies :D

How does 400mm magically become 200mm
I also did some testing and figured out that the majority of the armour behind the TOGS is less than 100mm

1 Like

bug

its just so much worse then what was on the dev

5 Likes

It’s like when the teacher comes in after the supply teacher sent them an email saying we behaved badly.

Sorry sir

I guarantee you it isnt and this was 100% intentional the mantlet had more armour before the patch

1 Like