Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion (Part 1)

nowhere unless you can get info from the MOD. its always funny that the push for sources on tanks and aircraft that are classified. they can set it to whatever value they feel is alright and when the best proof we can legally provide is given its not enough. its a funny way of saying we wont change it

In the image i gave you it is Dorchester 2G.
2H looks like this

Even some info as a bonus
And the OES is the 2I that is the megatron

And here it is
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/TmfWqB5WGPMi
Will the CR3 go to the gym or it will be forced on the fast food diet?

Also how is that a dust cover?
The block is attached to it

Do you mind if i use the pixel measures you made later?
I will try to provide enough argument so it cant be denied

1 Like

I have 2 questions about this (Challenger 3) one is it actually the Challenger 2 LEP? And two does it have blow out panels for the rear of the turret?

Well, The thing we have in game is not Cr3 proto, but Cr3 tech demo, an dit is the same thing as 2019 Challenger 2 lep. They are the same thing. When it comes to blow out pannesl, idk, both irl and in game. No info about it IRL(production Cr3 is supposed to have them, but if 2019 have them is a mystery) and i do not have it yet in game to check it
and if we squeeze our eyes even this

Can be a blow out pannel

1 Like

sadly I expect these to get closed with “not a bug”…

The first one cant get a not a bug, the second one is a 50/50 and the weight one i have no ide what they will do

I don’t wanna kill anyone’s hype but i feel like it should really be called the challenger 2 LEP and the actual challenger 3 with armour upgrades be the actual chally 3

3 Likes

We all know that. But it is gaijin decison to call it that. It was pointed out
fun fact, Black Night is also a Challenger 2 LEP, but it is 2018 concept by BAE

2 Likes

It what i thought was coming it cause doesn’t really have a name irl as LEP is a program not a tank

1 Like

Bug reports will just get TrickZZter’d

6 Likes

It’s RBSL’s demonstrator for what the MoD decided to call Challenger 3 when the contract was awarded. So retroactively it became the CR3 tech demonstrator. It is however, not the Challenger 3 prototype, and the vehicle apparently no longer exists in this configuration.

I asked a bloke from 2RTR last night and he said the tech demonstrator didn’t even have an internal door to the armoured “bunker” where the rounds were stored for test loading and firing. As such, if RBSL had put a blowout panel on the roof, it wouldn’t be functional.

5 Likes

Appreciated guys :)

No, that’s the mounts for trophy in this case

1 Like

Yea, it was last seen with the APS in the 2021

It’s a dust cover on the other back plate, here you can see this back plate is actually just thicker.

Well, cant see what you mean on the phone, can you point me?

Backplate 1

Backplate 2

With backplate 1 you can see it’s thick at the top, that’s what they are referring to as the dust cover.