Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion (Part 1)

it is 30+30. emmmm

Hmm?

30+30+30+330

The roof, not the mantlet, the bit ontop

Hmm ok good good, so that’s definitely a buff, the roof is now modelled and so will bounce apfsds.

1 Like

do you think it is possible to give CR2 the rotor?

Can you report this bug?

2 Likes

i know its all still WIP but i honestly hope that there not finished with the add on Armour kit on TES and QES. Because its back plate is sopose to be RHA not aluminium, we went throw all this its also sopoe to be 80mm around the crew compartment not 40mm. And the add on Armour blocks are made up of 2 parts the ASPRO-HMT which is sopose to stop 25mm apfsds rounds and tandam warheads then there is the NERA blocks behide it which are sopose to stop 30mm apds rounds, rpgs, atgms e.g

in total the side hull on challenger 2 TES and QES should have around 288 to 325mm against kinetic and around 1200mm against chemical ammunition.

I do hope that they actually pay very close attention to the reports on the add on Armour kit which do go into very big details !!!

3 Likes

magic

1 Like

@Smin1080p since it is now officially on the dev server (i know subject to change) but could you ask the devs if they can provide any sources on why the backingplate is aluminium and if they are aware of the bug reports regarding the thickness of the backplate that were passed. It would be a shame if the armor rework is just done as per the devblog without taking into account the loads of bug reports that were created in response to it

5 Likes

@Fireball_2020 I don’t know why this place can be penetrated

@Fireball_2020 The mantlet on the right has a higher KE than the mantlet on the left. The KE below the rotor is too low and illogical. Everything is mixed up

1 Like

It has it? I don’t understand

ASPRO itself is composed of the ERA and Passive armour…

The solid part is only 300-400

Isn’t it 200 in game?

it said 200 but the The actual thickness of the model is 300-330

2 Likes

Oh ok good