Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion (Part 1)

Electrically operated turrets like CR2s are quite a lot lighter than hydraulics turrets like Chieftain+CR1s

God … when that Dev server drops ima look directly at the CH2 and CH3s and see whats what my guys…

2 Likes

I am gunna be very interested to see if/what they change

“We had a deep and interesting look into a specific section of our community and the various evidence that they brought to us and its in our best interested that we bring the Challengers to the quality of the available information given, and thus due to this we are making the CH2s and CH3s armour have less protection due to our super secret sources TM” ;D

yep.

“we have reviewed the CR2 and found it overperforming significantly. we are removing L27A1”

6 Likes

“We have found via our special secret sources that the Challengers mantlet seems to be overperforming and thus have corrected it”

8 Likes

No it’s from challenger 2

Because it probably is

i have a backup plan for that.

Spoiler

im researching leopard 2 pl and switching sides to the germans

Also remember that much of the rear turret you see are hollow stowage boxes. And the crew space (aka mostly air) was also enlarged quite significantly over chieftain and chally 1.

however,CR1 also has this “dark blue plate” (if this is CR1)

Please indicate where you mean?

Well, at the cost of my sanity, all 11.3 CR2’s are spaded.

Overall, the CR2s aren’t bad, but they’re definitely not good either.

I hope this armour model change coming next major, fixes the biggest issue, being the enemy sneezes at you, and you lose your breech.

If that gets fixed, this CR2 will become a vehicle to be reckoned with.
Yes, it doesn’t have the mobility, but in a hull down defence position, you’ll have your work cut out to take one out.

All i need now to perfect my 11.3 line is a good SPAA/SAM & IFV.

OES, TES, 2F, Ajax, Stormer LMM (or M113 ADATS down to 11.3). Thats the dream.

5 Likes

The stormer is actually useable now, its still not perfect but for taking out helicopters and SU-25s its very effective, still phases through and gets ‘hit’ eith 0 damage every now and again.

Ajax this update I beg.

No another MBT for you

Take the tracked Rapier and shut up for a year or so

1 Like

Proxy fuse of the ADATS is the reason why ive got it in the line at the moment.

But its good to know for my 10.3 line, the HVM is usable again.

Any IFV>No IFV

Any other possible IFV>Ajax.

South African BMP

5 Likes